Setting up a Multivalued lookup column the hard way (1 Viewer)

hilian

Episodic User
Local time
Today, 09:55
I’m trying to set up a multivalued lookup column. I tried using the Lookup Wizard, but it doesn’t have an “Allow Multiple Values” check box. The lookup tab for the field also doesn’t have that option. I'm using Access 2010, so it should have this row, but it doesn't seem to.

Is there any way to set up a multiple value field without the wizard and without using this row on the lookup tab?

Many thanks,

Henry

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 18:55
Is there any way to set up a multiple value field without the wizard and without using this row on the lookup tab?
Open the table in design view, mark the field, in the button of the table you've a "General" tab and a "Lookup" tab, choose the "Lookup" tab, here you can set it up manually.
But using a multiple value field can cause you many trouble, when you're running queries, so I can't recommend it!

hilian

Episodic User
Local time
Today, 09:55
Based on more reading, I decided not to use a multiple value field. I've created new tables for each of the multiple value fields, and related them to the main table by an ID number.

I don't know why my copy of Access 10 doesn't have the "Allow multiple values" options, but so far as I can see, it doesn't. I thought I must be looking in the wrong place, but I tried both the wizard and doing it manually in the Lookup tab. No dice!

I'm following the expert consensus. Maybe that's what Access wanted me to do anyway.

Many thanks,

Henry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom