Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:56
Worley said:
Wow, post turns serious, and Rich scrambles. lol. Fun to complain, but now that its time for serious suggestions...nothing. Get ready for oversimplified asinine and facetious focused reponses by Rich, at the very least, although I would like to actually have a discussion.....but you know how combative some of the UK posters are. Or better yet, he could be trying to be the "bigger" man, and ignore me, which would probably be a time saving endeavor on his part, and a good idea to boot. (By the way...that is how you illicit response from the predictable) (Making my previous statement is how you cancel out the previous prodding)

If you are really wanting to "actually have a discussion" with Rich, then I would think saying things like, "Rich scrambles", "get ready for oversimplified asinine and facetious responses by Rich", "combative some of the UK posters are", "trying to be the "bigger" man", might not be the way to go about getting what your looking for. Then again I think your getting what your looking for.

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread (or maybe it has, I haven't read all 470+ posts either :eek: ) but it has been mentioned before in other threads. However, it doesn't matter to the Brits who think we are all shoot from the hip cowboys over here and don't want to change their stereotypical image of us. :(
and I've always had you down as one of the more intelligent posters here;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:56
You can see from Cindy's post how a couple of posters can cause a whole nation to be painted in a certain light, but then that is exactly how those posters view all Americans based on the actions and thoughts of one American:mad:

Brian

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 18:56
Brianwarnock said:
You can see from Cindy's post how a couple of posters can cause a whole nation to be painted in a certain light, but then that is exactly how those posters view all Americans based on the actions and thoughts of one American:mad:

Brian

Ah, Brian. I just get frustrated sometimes hearing it over and over in every thread. Of course I know not all Brits think of us like that. :eek:

Rich said:
and I've always had you down as one of the more intelligent posters here

Aw, thanks. :eek: Have I said anything to change your mind? :eek:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Yesterday, 19:56
Brianwarnock said:

Brian

Brian,

At the behest of all of the rest of America (yes it’s true I received 300,000,000 emails), I humbly apologies to all Britt’s for being required to share a country with people that would give us the wrong impression.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Brian,

At the behest of all of the rest of America (yes it’s true I received 300,000,000 emails), I humbly apologies to all Britt’s for being required to share a country with people that would give us the wrong impression.
Ever thought of moving?

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
Aw, thanks. :eek: Have I said anything to change your mind? :eek:
No, just don't stop using that Irish sense of humour when viewing here;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
Ah, Brian. I just get frustrated sometimes hearing it over and over in every thread. Of course I know not all Brits think of us like that. :eek:

:

I guess I know that Cindy and your post illustrates why I get so annoyed and frustrated at the constant in every thread same old records being played, it divides the forum and prevents reasonable discussion, even reasonable banter between us.

Brian

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
So... why does everyone put up with it? Why do we allow the couple people who prefer to dominate every conversation with the same old crap get their way? How about just ignoring them?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
So... why does everyone put up with it? Why do we allow the couple people who prefer to dominate every conversation with the same old crap get their way? How about just ignoring them?

Hey Kraj, it's been good to see ya back posting. Maybe there could be a modification to that and say that we all agree to ignore the post that are nonproductive to the orginal thread or are from the same ole sixes and sevens. Either way, I'm in, cause it would be nice to see some folks have a reasonable dialog. I really think there are some good minds here and I would like to see them debate topics (in a matterly way) cause that gives me a chance to learn something new or gain a different point of view.

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Hey Kraj, it's been good to see ya back posting. Maybe there could be a modification to that and say that we all agree to ignore the post that are nonproductive to the orginal thread or are from the same ole sixes and sevens. Either way, I'm in, cause it would be nice to see some folks have a reasonable dialog. I really think there are some good minds here and I would like to see them debate topics (in a matterly way) cause that gives me a chance to learn something new or gain a different point of view.
You mean all those who come here and sing praise to the almighty Us, and isn't it odd that those from outside the US who keep coming here flying a flag for the schoolkids getting gunned down in the US are constantly castigated for doing so. Still keep swearing at the flag it'll do wonders for the dead

R

Rich

Kraj said:
What's this "we", America?:rolleyes:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You mean all those who come here and sing praise to the almighty Us, and isn't it odd that those from outside the US who keep coming here flying a flag for the schoolkids getting gunned down in the US are constantly castigated for doing so. Still keep swearing at the flag it'll do wonders for the dead

No, but you did just give me an example of the types of post to ignore if everyone decided to do this.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
What's this "we", America?:rolleyes:

More than just Americans have been posting and complaining about the way things are going here. Threads like this have been said/suggested for several months now, if not longer, and not just by Americans.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ShaneMan said:
No, but you did just give me an example of the types of post to ignore if everyone decided to do this.

Sorry, but I was just going to start with that one.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ShaneMan said:
More than just Americans have been posting and complaining about the way things are going here. Threads like this have been said/suggested for several months now, if not longer, and not just by Americans.

Only, were the only ones that matter. :p :p :p :p :p :p

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:

Just let me know if everyone is in and when we start.;)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 18:56
ShaneMan said:
Just let me know if everyone is in and when we start.;)

I'm all for ignoring non-productive posts from anyone.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Yes let's all dance around the maypole and sing the praises of the US and how great they are and how we should all be forever grateful to them and not give a toss when yet another one of their children is gunned down by an idiot with a gun simply because it's written on some old scrap of paper that they can:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom