Question Soliciting ideas - Access and sending mail (1 Viewer)

remorhaz

Registered User.
Local time
, 21:14
Hi folks,
I have an order from on high in my organization that all maintenance issues are to be tracked in an access database. This will have a form interface for a non-technical user whose first language is *not* English so it will need to be simple. The big complicating factor I have is this... it will need to send out notices to somebody else using gmail. I could do this if our little active directory organization had an Exchange server or even a little SMTP server, but I do not have those. I have an .org registered using google apps but bouncing emails off of this with Access seems dangerously close to the definition of spam forwarder. As you can see this is in its very early kicking ideas around stages and I have only coded a few in house Access 2007 apps so far so if any of the gurus here have any sage advice I would love to hear it, even if its only suggestions on how you tell your boss that what he is asking for isn't a good idea. :D

remorhaz

Registered User.
Local time
, 21:14
Some other specifics -

*People enter in details of maintenance request on in house form (relevant details - who, what, when) saved
*Email via Access -> gmail goes to stunningly beautiful lady who translates and forwards (via gmail) request to maintenance people

That's the 20,000 mile view - sorry 32186.88 kilometer view - this forum is .uk not U.S. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom