Sort in ListView control (1 Viewer)

danikuper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:23
Hi All,

Couldn't find an answer for this one...

I have a listview control in a form that is being populated from a query. I would like to give the user the option of clicking on column headers to sort the contents of the listview.

Is there a way to do this? I know there's a sort property I could use but I'm not sure how. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.
Daniel

danikuper

Registered User.
Local time
Forget about it! Just got the answer by searching on another forum. For those intersted on how to do that, here goes the code:

Private Sub ListView_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As Object)
' When a ColumnHeader object is clicked, the ListView control is
' sorted by the subitems of that column.
' Set the SortKey to the Index of the ColumnHeader - 1
Activity_ListView.SortKey = ColumnHeader.Index - 1
' Set Sorted to True to sort the list.
Activity_ListView.Sorted = True

End Sub

Cheers!
:)

J

JA67

Please help me with listview sorting.

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a MS ListView control ver 6.0 in my MS Access 2003 form, and I want to have it sort by clicking on the column headers. I have found the code that Danikuper posted on a lot of different web sites, but I have not been able to implement it. It's probably just something simple, but I have wore myself out trying to make it work. :( I apparently do not know how to properly reference this code. I am missing something.

When I apply the code I get the following error:

"The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having the same name."

I get this error for almost anything I click on or do. Even when what I am clicking on does not have the code for its click event... I don't understand what is happening.

I would be endebted if you would please help me to get this working.

Thank You! :)
JA67

Last edited:

danikuper

Registered User.
Local time
Can you post the code you are using? It's been a while since I last messed around with it but we might be able to spot what is causing the error.

thanks.
daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom