Start and end dates give strange results in the report (1 Viewer)

hilian

Episodic User
Local time
Today, 05:17
I’m trying to have a report where the user can specify a reporting period. I set up a form with a command button to run the report and two text boxes for the user to enter the start and end dates. Then I added the following parameter in the date field of the query that feeds the report:

>=[Forms]![frmRptMenu]![txtSDate] And >=[Forms]![frmRptMenu]![txtEdate]

When I tested this, I got strange results. The report calculates a total sum spent over the reporting period. For the last two quarters of 2011, the amount was more than double what it should have been. When I tried the first two quarters of 2012, it gave errors in every field.

I took out the parameter and ran the report, and it ran correctly. Then I went back to the query, and in the criterion row I put:

Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date]

It gave me correct totals. I want to use text boxes on a menu to control user entry, so I don’t want to stick with the simple parameter.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Henry

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Take a look at your signs. You have >= for BOTH the first should be that but the second should be <=

hilian

Episodic User
Local time
Thank you. I feel foolish, but I'm glad it not something much more complicated.

Henry

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
No problem. Sometimes you can get so used to seeing what you've done it can be hard to spot even the simplest problems. A second pair of eyes usually helps with those types of problems.

hilian

Episodic User
Local time
I'm truly glad you spotted it. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom