Subform creating records without viewing (1 Viewer)

Agism

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:43
I am a little stumped and could use some help. I can find my way around Access 2000 alright, but recently I have been moved to a new department and they have 97. I can not as easily create and debug the things I want in the database. I am hoping that someone can help me see the forest through the trees.

I created a database so our team could easily keep track of the contracts we have processed and reasons they were sent back to sales. There are two tables and very few fields.

Table 1 - Contracts - This keeps the basic information on each contract. Things like, Contract Num, Need By Date, Salesperson, Date Submitted, Type, and if it was reset (sent back to sales). There should be no duplication of contract numbers.

Table 2 - Resets - This keeps track of all the contracts that have been reset (sent back to Sales). There can be multiple resets for each contract, though we hope it is few and far between. The fields are: Contract Num, Date Reset, Reason, Comments.

The two tables have a many-to-one relationship on Contract Num.

I created a form called Enter where we can enter and update each contract. I have a check box to signify that a reset occured. To add information about the reset, the user selects the command button that allows the subform Reset to be visible.

The first problem is that anytime you are in a record in the main form Enter, a record is created in the Reset table. If you view 3 records in Enter, you will have 3 records in tblResets regardless if you viewed the subform.

Second, the subform Resets has a combo box from which to select a reason for the reset. More often than not, the combo box will appear but will not record a reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things for me to look for? Anything that you know will not work in Access 97? This is driving me crazy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
You have written some code that is forcing a record to be created by the subform. Post the db and someone will look at it.

Agism

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the database. I pulled out all the queries, reports and junk that are just "extras".

Thanks!

Attachments

• contract talley.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 102

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
The database has compile errors so I can't work with it.

Agism

Registered User.
Local time
Ack!

I am going to look at it again. I was just upgraded to Office 2000 yesterday, finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom