Subform to add multiple records to one table (1 Viewer)

evega6686

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
I recently received help from AWF and couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Off of the same dB I would like to create a subform which will allow me to enter multiple records to the main table, the one attached to the main form. Any ideas on how to go about creating one?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
I would like to create a subform which will allow me to enter multiple records to the main table, the one attached to the main form.
How is that an advantage? Why not just use the main form?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
Perhaps you can tell us more about your application.
If you want to add records to the main form/table, why would you want to do this from the subform?

evega6686

Registered User.
Local time
The main form allows the user to enter one record at a time. There are some users who have to multiple entries and would like a form to enter those multiple entries all at once.

Is this possible?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
OK, I guess you could do that with a subform, but what I like to do if I have a specialized data entry process is make a stand-alone Wizard form that walks them thru the steps.

evega6686

Registered User.
Local time
Stand alone wizard form to walk them through the steps sounuds good. How would that work?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:15
... but what I like to do if I have a specialized data entry process is make a stand-alone Wizard form that walks them thru the steps.
Getting a bit advanced for evega6686 there MarkK ;)

evega6686

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to have vbaInet and Uncle gizmo in on the conversation.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
Depending on your main form, you may find it easier to set the form's default view to continuous form. That will allow users to add multiple records

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
You just make a single popup unbound form that has one purpose, to receive and validate data for a single new record. Here's an example of a wizard that I wrote for a recent system . . .

. . . and in this case, if data is entered for Database User, this wizard might add a record to more than one table.

Attachments

• ss_personWiz.jpg
    ss_personWiz.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,250

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:15
I like the fact that you can "Create" a person MarkK! You must hold the power to life and death ;)

When you said wizard, I thought you meant the sort of wizard that you see with combo boxes and the like.

Sorry, going off topic! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom