Subform (1 Viewer)

Moses76

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:32
I have a subform on a main form. Subform is used for data entry into a transaction table.

Subform has a textbox that does dlookup on an ID field from another query. It works fine when I open up the subform on its own. When I open the main form and select the name based on which it is supposed to the lookup it does not populate the textbox. All data except the data from the textbox gets entered into the table. Any ideas ?

Moses

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:32
When you are dealing with a subform, the syntax for referring to controls and fields on it changes slightly from that which you would use for controls and fields on a form.

Bookmark this link for future reference, as it shows the correct syntax for referring to subforms, their controls and properties from various relative locations.

Moses76

Registered User.
Local time
I actually tried this link but could not figure it out on my own . Here is a screen shot since I am not sure if I am referring to the correct objects.

Attachments

• screen shot.JPG
    screen shot.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 59

Moses76

Registered User.
Local time
Also this is what I have.

=DLookUp("[ID]","[First and Last Name Combined]","[Composite]='" & [Forms]![Child54].[Absence_Transaction].[Name] & "'")

Moses76

Registered User.
Local time
Name of the main form is Agenda
Name of the subform container is Child54
Name of autoform that it contains is Absence_Transaction . Control on Absence_Transaction is Name(combo box)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom