Table view command (1 Viewer)

WILYWAYNE11

Local time
Yesterday, 23:33
Does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to open a selected specific record from a table view?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Are you talking about a desktop shortcut? Why a table view?

WILYWAYNE11

Local time
We have a large customer database. To save time it would be great to have a macro or other shortcut to open a customer record from a table view rather than exiting the table view (our default) to work a clients profile. I tried the "go to record" macro with no results.....

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 01:33
Sounds like the job for a form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
We have a large customer database. To save time it would be great to have a macro or other shortcut to open a customer record from a table view rather than exiting the table view (our default) to work a clients profile. I tried the "go to record" macro with no results.....
Ah, so you're not talking about a desktop shortcut. If you're just talking about a keyboard shortcut, then you can look into using an Autokeys macro. However, how would the macro know which record to open?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:33
Does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to open a selected specific record from a table view?

Define "open a specific record" because that could mean any one of a half-dozen different actions. Define what you expect to do with this record. Plog's suggestion for opening a form probably is closest to what you want, but (pardon this pun) In Access, form follows function. Decide what function this will have before you decide what form it will take. Which THEN will lead you to suggestions on how to achieve your goal.

And just as encouragement, if you CAN clarify your intentions, the odds are that we can come up with something that might meet your needs. But you have to help us see what you want first.

LarryE

Local time
Are you entering data and editing data directly by opening a table? I sure hope not. I hope you are using forms to do that.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:33
Readers need more context to enable focused suggestions. Give us an overview of what subject matter you are dealing with and what would trigger the need for this data.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:33
Hopefully they are talking about a datasheet form, but you never can tell. :)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:33
maybe create a Query with Criteria on Client Number (or Client name).
use the Query for viewing your Client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom