Text running off the right hand side of boxes (1 Viewer)

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:42
I'm having issues with text running off the right hand side of field boxes. Everything looks fine in report view and layout view, but in print view often the last three or four letters will be truncated.
I've been mucking around with margins and padding (not really understanding which is what), and I've found I've had to set the right margin to greater than 0.5cm (which is huge in Access design) to ensure all my text is printed.
Can anyone explain why this happening?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
Design you data controls to fit your report. It doesn't work, the other way around.

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
Frankly, that strikes me as a rather ridiculous limitation. (Although being Microsoft it wouldn't be at all surprising.)
My text field is 255 characters; I will most likely need all 255 characters at some point. My text box on the report supposedly allows for text wrapping. It's silly to think that every single one of my text fields has to be be 255 characters long on my report because Access can't wrap text properly.

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Today, 10:42
check your printer page setup to meet the report and also maybe you can reduce the printing area by using Scale option in your printer dialog box.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
Do you have "Can Grow / Can Shrink" properties of text boxes set to "Yes?"

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
The issue is not a page setup issue. Attached two screen dumps - "A" is showing print preview mode; "2" is showing "layout view". As you can see, in layout view, the text wraps nicely, just like you would expect it to. Swapping to print previewing (and printing) the text just doesn't wrap in the box.
As I mentioned, I've tried changing margins and/or padding. The text moves around in the layout view, but continues to run off the edge in print preview.

Attachments

• Screen dump - Report margin issue 2.jpg
    Screen dump - Report margin issue 2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen dump - Report margin issue A.jpg
    Screen dump - Report margin issue A.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 106

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
All text boxes have can grow/shrink set to yes.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:42
Are you printing out through a Cisco-server or on local printer?
I had a problem once with a report printing out through a Cisco-server, the problem was never solved, but the user got a local printer.
Try choosing another printer, if it is possible for you.

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
This problem is not related to the printer as far as the text is not being cut off the margins, did you try to change the font type? Try the. Times new roman or some other similiar font

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
Bingo. Changed the font to TNR and no more issues. <sigh> Now, to reformat all my reports.

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Maybe it will be good if we think about a code to set the report text boxes font without changing it from the properties of the text box, I will look for that I have never tried it before but I think it's a good idea to look for

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom