Textbox data to several tables (1 Viewer)

northernbreaks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:43
I am trying to link the textboxes on a form so that their values are stored in 2 seperate tables.
Setting the Record Source of the Form to TableA and the various Text boxes etc are set to the Fields in that table works fine, however I want some other text boxes to be linked to another set of table fields, so that when I enter values into those text boxes the data ends up in a different table.

Has anyone any ideas on how text boxes on one form can be linked to different tables.

dave

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Why would you want to do this?

The fact that you are having such a problem hints that your table design is not good. Can you give more detail on your table structure, what data is on the form, and how the data on the form relates to the table?

northernbreaks

Registered User.
Local time
textbox

Hi
Thanks for replying.

Its ok I have sorted the problem, most of the form fields belong to one table so adding and modifying data was not a problem, however there is another table of data that the user wanted to see a couple of fields displayed on the same form, displaying these data fields was not a problem, but the user wanted to access and modify this additional data from the same form, I have decided to provide a popup form linked to the other table and its data so the user can add/modify via the popup.

Thanks anyway - sorry to bother you. It sometimes helps to stand back from the problem and look from a different angle and Take a Break.

dave

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
You shouldn't be binding tables to your forms as that will bring in every record in the table and in an unordered state. The larger your tables then the slower your database will begin to run.

The recordset you should bind to the form is a query based upon the two tables (they should have some realtionship linking them) which can be updated on the form with the relevant details being allocated to the correct tables. Using a query as a form's recordsource allows you to choose specific fields, perform calculations, order your records, etc. which is best practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom