"The Search Key Was Not Found" Error (2 Viewers)

DL2088

Local time
Today, 10:53
@guideman - I just had the same problem as you importing Excel to Access. After searching around it ended up that a couple of the field/column headers in Excel started with a space. I edited the two fields with this issue and removed the space from the beginning and the import was fine. Hope this helps!

DreamGenius

Annoying Questionner
Local time
Today, 15:53
This appears to be a long-dead thread but the answer to my problem was in here, so thank you to all contributors, and thank goodness for Search!

I would like to think that the suggestion offered, of copying in only the uncorrupted rows into a new table, would have to be a soluton of last resort, especially in a large table. How do you find a corrupted record if you don't already know which one?

For what it's worth, I fixed my particular issue by deleting and replacing indexes one by one, testing after each to see if I could then edit the offending record. Thankfully, it was solved after just two!

Sean_F_Howard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
A user of mine recently reported the "The search key was not found in any record" error and my investigation lead me to this forum/thread.

The strange thing is that for the table in question the number of records changes (by one) depending on whether the table was unsorted (one record missing) or not. The table seemed to be fixed by simply copying/pasting the table within the database.

This is not really a question, but more information and if anyone out there know WHY this happened then I would be more than happy to know.

Thanks

sean kung

Local time
Today, 10:53
This is very annoying bug to our application running on a remote tablet. The update SQL command can't be executed so tons of error logs dumped. M$ said the reason is Jet engine needs upgraded. I confirmed that the version of msjet40.dll is already 4.0.9511.0 which is higher than needed 8.0. I could copy the table and rename it back later to solve the problem but it is only a temp solution.

abjingle

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:53
Sorry for dredging, but I had this error too. I was trying to import a text file with fixed spaced fields/columns to a new table (created by import wizard). I had some large fields (2000 wide) that I had left as "text" data type thinking to avoid using memo fields and not caring about losing the data after 255 characters. Anyway Access 2003 refused to import, after stating "The Search Key Was Not Found" error, until I changed the data type for the fields bigger than 255 chars to "memo" data type in the import spec. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom