The value you entered isn't valid for this field (1 Viewer)

JeffAccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:30
Can anyone tell me what is the Checklist to follow when troubleshooting this?

I have a combo box called "Rated Capacity" for machinery which lists the capacity weight of the machine. We've been getting clients complaining that they don't like to see 0 kg on their certificates. So I went to table and query and changed the "Rated Capacity" from Number to text field so it will allow me to enter the letters. So I put in "None" in the field.
When I go to form and select None from the Rated Capacity combo box, it gives me the error message "The value you entered isn't valid for this field". Hence why I ask what did I overlook?
Again, Thanks in advance!
Jeff

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:30
What is the rowsource for your combobox? and is the control source for your combobox definitely a text field?

Hope you aren't using lookups in your table design for this field - if so that is probably where your problem lies - remove the lookup from your table design and you will see the data as it really is

JeffAccess

Registered User.
Local time
What is the rowsource for your combobox? and is the control source for your combobox definitely a text field?

Hope you aren't using lookups in your table design for this field - if so that is probably where your problem lies - remove the lookup from your table design and you will see the data as it really is

Can't believe the lookup was giving me the hassle!!!
Problem sorted when I removed it, now it works and it appears on the certificate exactly the way I need it to.
Thanks a million:)

JeffAccess

Registered User.
Local time
Hi pr2-eugin!
That was an interesting read. Well, I'm actually gonna avoid them a bit more in future...:eek:

Besides, thanks for the great website, definitely saving the address to read up a bit more on it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom