Thirs Party ActiveX Problem between 2003 and 2007 (1 Viewer)

DJNickWatt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:59
Hi

I purchased the Janus GridEx2000 component a couple of months ago and have used it extensively in an Access 2007 project. The component has an OCX for development and and OCX for distribution. I have come to the stage I wish to deploy the first version of the database and so have gone to the users machine and registered the distributable OCX control however when I run the database I get

"There is no object in this control".

I have searched google for numerous different attempts at solutions such as AutoCorrect being turned off, ensuring the ActiveXs weren't copied by deleting each control on each form and inserting a new one correctly, creating a new database and importing all the forms, tables etc into it. None of these solutions have solved the problem.

As a quick test I loaded Access 2003 and created a sample database. Put a form in it and on that form the ActiveX control. I then copied the mdb to the users machine and it worked. So I then went back to the development machine and opened the mdb in Access 2007 and created a new form and inserted the control. I then copied the mdb on to the user's machine again. The original form created using 2003 worked but the new form created in 2007 displayed the same error as above. I created a new blank 2007 accdb and again created a form and inserted the component, copied the file to the user's machine and again it didn't work displaying the above error.

When I open up the references on the users machine everything seems to be ok and it is linked to the correct ocx file which has been registered.

I am absolutely stumped and the thought of having to try and get the whole project re-written back into Access 2003 is just sickening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Have you tried to contact the vendor of the ocx?

DJkarl

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:59
Have you tried to contact the vendor of the ocx?

Exactly, I checked out this particular vendor's site for this addon and it says it uses DAO 3.6 or ADO 2.x for data binding. Maybe Access 2007 is using a newer version of either or both of these.

DJNickWatt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:59
Still waiting on a response from them. I'm more inclined to think it is something to do with Access 2007 than the actual control as it works fine with Access 2003.

Here's something that will really blow your mind. Create the form and add the control in Access 2003 and save the file. Then create an Access 2007 db and import the form from the 2003 file and this works too. It only seems to be an issue if you actually do the Insert ActiveX control in Access 2007.

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
I would forward that bit of info to the vendor and then they might be more apt to start a dialog with you... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom