Too Many Controls...Workaround Ideas? (1 Viewer)

CHAOSinACT

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:10
Forget the download in post #39, I broke the horizontal sizing. :eek:

Chris.

lol all good for some reason I couldn't access the forum for the last 2 hours anyway!

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Snap to grid will be the death of me. :(

Anyhow, the attached demo should clean up a few things.

Note that I have removed most of the stuff we don’t need from Stephen Lebans clsPictureBox Class and renamed it clsFormDraw so as not to clash with his Class name if it is used elsewhere in your database. (Hope he doesn’t mind. :D ) The reason for that is we don’t need a lot of the stuff in the original and with less API calls it will be easier to convert to 64 bit if that ever becomes a requirement.

Class clsBarClass should now be devoid of hard coded references to Form and Table names.

See how it goes in Access 2003, and then Access 2010, and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Regards,
Chris.

Attachments

• ChrisO_D-Group_dBase-V5_5_1.zip
    231.2 KB · Views: 97

CHAOSinACT

Registered User.
Local time
Snap to grid will be the death of me. :(

Anyhow, the attached demo should clean up a few things.

Note that I have removed most of the stuff we don’t need from Stephen Lebans clsPictureBox Class and renamed it clsFormDraw so as not to clash with his Class name if it is used elsewhere in your database. (Hope he doesn’t mind. :D ) The reason for that is we don’t need a lot of the stuff in the original and with less API calls it will be easier to convert to 64 bit if that ever becomes a requirement.

Class clsBarClass should now be devoid of hard coded references to Form and Table names.

See how it goes in Access 2003, and then Access 2010, and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Regards,
Chris.

Looks cleaner thanks.

I checked in 2010 (2003 on my home machine, it's here but forgot the extra power cord for it...) it all seems to run fine there (obviously the collision needs work and moving to mouse up but I'll look at that soon).

oh, and I messed up before(sorry 2 monitors, looked at the wrong one...)

Screen resolution was at 16080x1050, but I adjusted the form for what you were working at.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
I knew it, 16080x1050, that is a strange screen resolution… :D

CHAOSinACT

Registered User.
Local time
Just a final note to let you know it all went well - thanks so much for all you help!!!

I would love to upload a final version for people to look at but it includes a 3rd party drag-drop module that I don't have the right to distribute freely.

Again thanks for making it all possible.

cpberg1

It's always rainy here
Local time
Today, 09:10
Will you share the name of the third party drag and drop tool? Been looking for one that I know works. Thanks!

CHAOSinACT

Registered User.
Local time
Will you share the name of the third party drag and drop tool? Been looking for one that I know works. Thanks!

Very happy to help.

http://www.peterssoftware.com/dd.htm

Peter's software.

It's a cheap module add on. Really works :) Must program a bit to get any really use out of it of course. But it saves you an amazing amount of time compared to developing one yourself.

you can private message me on here if you want any input on using it. wasn't too big a learning curve.

Interestingly the support from these guys was amazing. it's really just one guys selling his modules so you don't get an underling when you email him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom