Undefined function 'Date' in expression (1 Viewer)

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
I am working on a database that has a Master database with 3 other databases, all with the same tables, linked to the Master. I was told this was done to combat contention problems. My problem is that on two of the linked databases, a query using the Date function is working (>Date()-880) yet on the Master and 1 of the linked databases, I get an error (Undefined function 'Date' in expression). I can not figure out why this is occurring. All help is appreciated. Thanks Tom

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
On the machines in which the function is not working open the db to any code page where you see the Debug menu. Select Tools > References and uncheck any items that say "MISSING".

[This message has been edited by Jack Cowley (edited 12-27-2001).]

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, it's not machine related. On my machine, I open the Master DB and run the query and it doesn't work. When I open the one called DR2000, which is linked to Master, it does run. When I open the one called Donna2000 (which is also linked to the Master) it does not run.

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
I went to the databases where it was not running and I did what you said....IT WORKED!!!..You're awesome...Thanks so very much. I unchecked the following: Microsoft Jet SQL Help Topics. Why was this impacting my query? Again, thanks so much, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out and would never have found this.

Tom

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure why that particular library was impacting your db, but it is working and that is what matters. Glad I was able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom