Unsafe Expressions (1 Viewer)

daveUK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:27
Hi,

I'm using Windows 2K SP4 and have just installed Office 2003. Everytime I open Access I get a message asking if I want to block unsafe expressions (presumably macros). How can I turn this off?

BTW I've downloaded all of the security updates, which are recommended by MS.

Thanks

daveUK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:27
It's OK, I've managed to get this sorted.

For anyone else with the problem, you need to select Tools - Macro - Security and set the level to Low.

Bloody annoying if you ask me as most databases will have some type of macros. :mad:

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 00:27
There is more problems to come. I just switched and hate it. Luckily once you set the security to low it works for all db's.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 06:27
daveUK said:
Bloody annoying if you ask me as most databases will have some type of macros.

That's why the majority of the Access guru's on this forum wants you to use VB in stead of macro's !!! ;)

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
You get the warnings if the Access 2003 db has macros and/or visual basic code. Search around for there are ways to handle it so that it is a non issue for your users.

vbc22

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
daveUK said:
It's OK, I've managed to get this sorted.

For anyone else with the problem, you need to select Tools - Macro - Security and set the level to Low.

Bloody annoying if you ask me as most databases will have some type of macros. :mad:

Where is this security option? I can't find it. And it's really annoying to open databases with that prompt.

Can you let me know?

Regards.

vbc22

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
Ok, I found it.

I had to first put the Security button on the menu toolbar before I could access that bloody Security dialog window.

1. On menu toolbar, right-click to choose Customize.
2. Choose Tools from Categories list and scroll to the bottom of the Commands list to drag Security to the menu toolbar.
3. Click on the newly added button and select LOW security.

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Not that difficult. From the Menu bar select Tools - Macro - Security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom