User Prompted Parameters In Reports - Are They Possible? (1 Viewer)

DAPOOLE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Hi there,

I have created a basic report in Microsoft Access 2003 using the wizard. Unfortunately this returns many records so I have the user asking if there is a way to have the report prompt the user for a parameter criteria that will restrict down the results to only the records of interest to the user.

In summary I have a report that is launched from a command button on a form. When the report is launched is there a way for the user to be prompted for a parameter (like client number) so the results are restricted down?

Thanks in advance.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:26
An query can have parameters. Just enter a non existent name as an object in the query.

SELECT somefield FROM smetable
WHERE ClientID = [Enter Client Number]

However parameters are a very clumsy solution to entering values.

Use textboxes or combo box controls on a form to enter values.

Refer to the control values in the query as:
Forms!formname!controlname

eg:

SELECT somefield FROM sometable
WHERE someotherfield = Forms!someformname!somecontrolname

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:26
Hi there,

I have created a basic report in Microsoft Access 2003 using the wizard. Unfortunately this returns many records so I have the user asking if there is a way to have the report prompt the user for a parameter criteria that will restrict down the results to only the records of interest to the user.

In summary I have a report that is launched from a command button on a form. When the report is launched is there a way for the user to be prompted for a parameter (like client number) so the results are restricted down?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, although IM struggling to do this but then again Im trying to query mutliple record sets in the one report.

This may be of help, if you scroll to the bottom it explains how to achieve what your looking for, but you'd be better off reading the whole article to understand whats happening in the background.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...ers-with-queries-and-reports-HA001117077.aspx

DAPOOLE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom