Using results from a calculated query in a report (1 Viewer)

susieprice

Local time
Today, 23:05
I am creating a report based on data about a series of villages and want to display the population profile of each village. The associated table has fields such as Surname, Forename, Age, Village, Car (yes/no field), Occupation (Look-up field), Marital status (Look-up field), Type of accommodation (Look-up field) etc. I have created a report that summarises the number of people in each village and calcuations that that display the number of people with a car and the average age. However, I'm really struggling to work out how to dispay the number of people by occupation, marital status etc. For example, I have created a query that finds the number of farmers and totals it by village but when I input the relevant field into my report it throws up #Err.

I'm quite new to Access and am sure I've missed something quite fundamental, I just don't know what.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:35
does your query open to show you the results

if so, there is something wrong in your report

what might have happened is that if you have a queryfield named "myfield", and a textbox called "myfield" but then try to do calculations using "myfield" - access gets confused and returns an "err". If so, change the name of the txtbox ON THE report.

susieprice

Local time
Today, 23:05
Thanks Gemma, that's exactly what the problem was. As they say, Its easy when you know how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom