Vacation Calendar (1 Viewer)

cdawley4

Local time
, 19:25
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to make a calendar in Access 2003? I work in a group of 60 employees and we track their vacation, and personal days in a web-based application. The web-based application is going away, as it it no longer supported. Could I use Access to create a calendar for the 60 employees and have it require a user name and password for them to log into the database to look at what vacation they have?

Would Visual Basic or C++ be a better program for this?

Thanks,

Chris

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
, 21:25
First and foremost, you can do this with Access - but might not wish to do so. Calendars of this type are surprisingly tricky because Access tends to work from what is called a "sparse" structure. I.e. things aren't there unless you PUT them there. Nothing is loaded by default unless you put the defaults in place, too! So there is no "blank date" calendar to which you might instantly do a JOIN. Oh, you can BUILD such a thing - i.e. another thing you have to PUT there for it to BE there.

I strongly advise you to use this forum's SEARCH facility for the topics of "Calendars", "Working Days", and "Bookings" for other threads that have dealt with the topic you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom