VBS Script (1 Viewer)

Beany

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
Hi All,

i need a vbs script for copying a folder from a server drive to the local drive of clients/users PCs.

We have a small network with 80 users, all on XP who require a folder of information.

Can someone please help me

thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
You can use the File System Objects to do this.

Here is a sample vbscript of what you need. Copy this into a module and use the relevant functions

David

Attachments

• ModFSO.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 232

Beany

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for that,

i'm relatively new to vbs scripting so can you please tell me how i Copy this into a module and what do i need to change? would i just copy it into notepad and rename the file to a .vbs?

thanks once again

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
How are you intending to call this script? If it is from within a vb project then simply add this to an existing or new module.

David

Beany

Registered User.
Local time
i would like to run this as group policy or system policy. So when a client switches a network machine on, a VBS script should run that adds the files from a specific server to the hard drive of the user...

Beany

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using the following vbs script for adding two fonts to all client machines and it works:

Code:
' ****************************************************************************

' Copy Fonts From Network Share To C:\WINDOWS\FONTS Folder Of Workstation

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run "xcopy.exe ""\\SERVERLOCATION"" ""C:\windows\fonts"" /C /I /S /E /H /Y /Q", 1,True

' Imports The Registry Information For The New Fonts - Add A New Line For Each New Font

' Example : WshShell. RegWrite"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\%FONT REG KEY%", "%FONT REG KEY ENTRY%", "REG_SZ"

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell. RegWrite"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\FuturaT (TrueType)", "FuturaT.ttf", "REG_SZ"

WshShell. RegWrite"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\FuturaTDem (TrueType)", "FuturaTDem.ttf", "REG_SZ"

Can this be amended and used for copying files from server to hosts? thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom