Why does this always happen at the last minute? (1 Viewer)

CJBIRKIN

Drink!
Local time
Today, 21:46
Hi

I've got to deliver a db tomorrow. I was just doing some tiding up extra comments etc when i started to get the error message when opening the main form.

Microsoft access can't find the tool bar '60'

As it turns out one of my subforms wouldn't display as well, so i tried adding it again -so there are now 2 identical subforms- and the error message appears twice.

Any clues.

Cheers

Chris

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Have done all the usual repairs?
Decompiled?
Copied objects to newDB etc?

CJBIRKIN

Drink!
Local time
Hi

I've copied it to a new db and it still does it. I've converted it to 97 and it works but when i convert that back to 2000 or 2002 it doesn't. I've used an microsoft ado ext 2.7 for dll and security and microsoft activex data objects 2.1 library so maybe they are causing some problem??. I updated the references in 2000 but that didn't seem to have any effect. The user is using 2000/xp so i know that i'll have to convert the working 97 version at somepoint i.e today! Any thing else you can thing of??

Cheers

Chris

CJBIRKIN

Drink!
Local time
Hi

It appears that one of the forms has become corrupted. I don't know about anyone else but this seems to be a perennial problem for me. I've been using access for nearly 4 years now and i can honestly say that have had only 1 db that hasn't fallen foul of some corruption or other regarding the forms/reports/modules.

My overall form design tends to be quite complex with mutiple tab pages to break down the visual experience of data input into managable chunks. Prehaps i should think about make the designs more simple with linked pages rather than subforms and tabs?

Anyway fixed now!

Cheers

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom