Windows XP configuration question (1 Viewer)

jaxhere

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
I have run into a little snag which is bugging me and wonder if anyone here might know the solution.

XP 's Windows explorer has a feature to show files in Groups when you open up any folder. It seems that this is the default for the program, but if you click on the View menu you have an option under Arrange Icons by to Show in Groups.

I like this feature in certain cases, but I would like to make a change so that by default, this Show in Groups is unchecked. I've tried making a change to the view in My Computer, and can't find any option for this under Folder Options, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to turn this off on all folders unless it is specifically turned on.:confused:

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
The quickest way is to open explorer and navigate to a folder you want to change and alter the view as you would like from the view menu (say details) then go to tools > folder options > view and click apply to all folders.

This will change the default view in all your folders to the option you choose (in this case details) then simply navigate to the folders you want to change to view by group and once again go to view > arrange icons by.. and choose show in groups.

This will apply it to only the folders you choose instead of all of them.

jaxhere

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
Thanks, Minkey.

I knew there was a simple solution, but I simply couldn't discover where it was.

You've helped me get rid of a tormenting little annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom