your network access was interrupted to continue close the database (1 Viewer)

hk1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
I've got a new problem that cropped up some time ago and only today did I find some critical information about this problem. Every once in a great while, with no consistency, a user will come back to their workstation and find the following error message on their screen:
"Your network access was interrupted. To continue close the database."

We have our access database backend stored on a shared drive on our SBS 2008 server. All the workstations are connected to the domain and they each have a local copy of the frontend on their own hard drive.

All the workstations are running Office 2007 or Office 2010. This problem affects both 2007 and 2010.

The only workstations affected are those running Windows 7 and all of our Windows 7 workstations are affected by this problem.

I'm quite sure there is no interruption in network access as all of our XP workstations remain unaffected. I've checked for errors in the event log on the server and the workstations and there are no related errors logged on either one.

Our network is a very controlled environment. We have content filtering using OpenDNS and we have Norton Antivirus 2011 installed on every workstation. We haven't had viruses on any of our workstations in a couple years, maybe more. We don't have any other applications giving similar error messages.

I do see a lot of other posts online about this problem but so far everyone is blaming the networking. I do not believe this is a problem with our network as it is rock solid.

Any ideas? Has someone found a solution for this problem?

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:57
I do not believe this is a problem with our network as it is rock solid.

You can't just believe it is. Have your network administrator run a trace with someone until the problem happens. Then see what was happening with the network at that time. With Access, all it takes is a dropped packet or a network disruption of milliseconds for it to occur.

hk1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
According to this post here the poster called kliler was able to resolve this issue by disabeling SMB2. Here's the instructions he used to do it. I'm currently testing it on one workstation to see if it makes a difference.

I cannot say for sure if disabeling SMB2 is a good or bad thing. Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Server 2008 are all intended to use it but it's my understanding that they will also gracefully fall back to MS's original SMB protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom