Your work, Assimilated by ChatGPT? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:18
Stack overflow is banning members who are protecting their intellectual property from ChatGPT.

See article below....

You have posted your knowledge on AWF and made it freely available, and for the benefit of other MS Access developers.

Would you happy with your work being assimilated by ChatGPT?

In this article,

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 17:18
I read that too, and ... it may be S.O.'s undoing, if they lose their best contributors.

My work is not good enough to care, I'm just not that expert. Most of what I've written is "fabricobbled" at least to enough % that it might as well be someone else's in the first place. I'm alright, but not a top expert. Maybe if I was, I would care more.

I would not be thrilled if I were those people - and SO should be careful, as 3-5 of them could easily band together to make a new SO and if it was actually started by the TOP 3, 5, 20, 100 most famous people on SO, then it could potentially be a real competitor.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:18
easily band together to make a new SO and if it was actually started by the TOP 3, 5, 20, 100 most famous people on SO, then it could potentially be a real competitor.

That's a Good solution!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:18
I am 100% on the side of the people deleting their answers. Stack Overflow will be getting paid for SELLING the work of others and that is NOT the deal the experts signed up for. I certainly hope that @Jon doesn't get greedy and decide to profit by actually selling our work. If SO wants to do this, they should at least share the revenue with the top 100 current experts on a proportional basis but only if the experts opt in.

SO already profits off the work of the experts by selling ads. And like this forum, they also rely on experts helping to run the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom