The Deep State (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
They left off the jaywalking count. They thought that they had enough counts with the ones listed.

GaP42

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:43
We are very close to a precipice, wearing not a blindfold, but virtual reality goggles. Enjoy your chocolate, watch the show. Hope it does not end up in a shambles when the goggles are taken off.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
So according to "Chatty" the mayor couldn't do it as she is not authorized to deploy the DCNG except to localities under her jurisdiction, which the Capitol is not as it's federal. Chatty also says Congress only plays a policy and funding role so they don't have authority either.

Who's left?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:43
So according to "Chatty" the mayor couldn't do it as she is not authorized to deploy the DCNG except to localities under her jurisdiction, which the Capitol is not as it's federal. Chatty also says Congress only plays a policy and funding role so they don't have authority either.

Who's left?
Chatty is unreliable at best.

1711846776075.png

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I'll comment. It was a political trial, used to provide weight to the argument that Trump is a danger to democracy and he incited an insurrection.
I'll comment too. He plead guilty so there was no trial.

One other question: Do you think Trump is stupid and did not understand how the mob would interpet: "Protest peacefully"?

In his speech he said:
“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
But those weren't his words. At least according to all the people around him.
Additionally, he's not the only one who tweets under his name.

I doubt the public knows 1/4 of what Jack Smith knows.

Here's a pretty good explainer on his "Peacefully" defense.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I doubt the public knows 1/4 of what Jack Smith knows.
One thing we do know, Jack Smith has a sketchy win-loss record when it comes to high-profile cases.
Jack, Fani, Letitia, and Alvin all appear to have politically motivated cases that won't (hopefully) survive the appeal process.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:43
In his speech he said:

But those weren't his words. At least according to all the people around him.

Here's a pretty good explainer on his "Peacefully" defense.
I think I understand what you are saying. You are saying that when a Democrat uses the word, "fight", they should not do so. Or only if Trump says it? And also that if Biden says something that a speech writer wrote, they are not Biden's words. Did Biden actually write any of his State of the Union address, as he reads it all from the teleprompter?

Also, you are saying that if Trump says something but the origin of those words were a speech writer, that the crowd will know this and therefore selectively edit out this part of his speech, and only focus on the other words he says, which they know the speech writer didn't write. Is that your take?

The linked article also talks about Trump not using the term "peaceful" before January 6th itself. So now they are suggesting that Trump should have known there would be an insurrection before it happened, and that his lack of tweeting "peaceful" was casual. Yet the FBI were also aware of his tweets, as were law enforcement, the Democrats and everybody else. So why no National Guard or other sufficient preventative measures?

I also see Trump asked them to be peaceful soon after the protesters entered the Capitol building. That doesn't sound like someone who wants an insurrection. He is asking for the opposite. Or are you saying he is asking for a peaceful insurrection?

Lastly, I notice the link was to an article by an organisation based in New York. I think that says enough in and of itself.

Lastly #2, if some of the crowd were violent and yet Trump twice asked them to be peaceful, it is clear that they are ignoring what Trump is asking. So given that, why is Trump's speech only causal for the violence bits and not the peaceful bits? Cherry picking for the sake of politics.

Lastly #3, most of the crowd were peaceful. So does that mean most of the crowd were not doing what Trump asked? Or are you saying they were not incited to violence?

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think I understand what you are saying. You are saying that when a Democrat uses the word, "fight", they should not do so. Or only if Trump says it?
Not at all. You have to take it in context. Not right if a democrat says stupid shit either but context matters.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
“Freedom of speech and belief are at an end in Scotland if the accurate description of biological sex is deemed criminal,” she wrote on social media.
Rowling now has the same "target" on her back as Trump, Musk, Peterson, and the Canadian Truckers for simply disagreeing with the deep state (radical left) when they control the legislative, executive, and judicial systems. The left perverts the law to suppress the freedom of speech. The left also desecrates the law to make political protests (such as the patriotic rally of Jan 6th) "illegal".

As a concurrent article, Maher now calls for fro an investigation after the damage done by the deep state in undermining Trump's presidential bid was accomplished. A bit late, isn't it. Maher and others should have spoken-up earlier. As I've written, too bad we can't have an election do-over to undo the damage resulting from the Democratic party lies.

jpl458

Local time
NOT TRUMP. He authorized it. It was up to Nancy and the Mayor to accept or decline. If Trump had called in the guard against their wishes, what would they have called him? Yep - DICTATOR!!!!!!! The lame stream media would stillllllllllllllllll be spinning that story and YOU KNOW IT. Don't be so coy. It doesn't become you.
hen exact;y did Trump authorize the National Guard, I seemed to have missed that part. I heard eye witnesses that told Trump he lost and he shoud do something about the mob, but he refused.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
hen exact;y did Trump authorize the National Guard, I seemed to have missed that part. I heard eye witnesses that told Trump he lost and he shoud do something about the mob, but he refused.
It's a little early to be drinking, isn't it? ;)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Pelosi and Bower refused refused to mobilize the national guard. It appears that this refusal to deploy the national guard was done on purpose as the Democrats wanted to turn a patriotic rally into a riot for the optics of it. Dirty tricks by the Democrats. Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And you really think that had Trump gone over the heads of Bowser and Pelosi and called in the guard even though they refused the guard in writing, he wouldn't have been called a dictator and accused of trying to stop the proceedings?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
And you really think that had Trump gone over the heads of Bowser and Pelosi and called in the guard even though they refused the guard in writing, he wouldn't have been called a dictator and accused of trying to stop the proceedings?
Is that the case, did they refuse in writing, or are we just talking hypothetically?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Not at all. You have to take it in context. Not right if a democrat says stupid shit either but context matters.
Yes, I agree that context matters. So let us look at context. When you have Democrats using the word "fight", you never hear other Democrats saying they should not use that word. What about the lady who said to get in the face of Trump supporters and say you are not welcome here? I heard nothing from Democrats about that either. That is the context in which we are operating,. It is the context of hypocrasy. It is reminiscent of Biden being let off his classified document crimes whilst still persuing Trump's case.

No one is above the law, but selectively persecuting your political opponent while ignoring your own parties offences is the opposite of democracy. Yes, Trump is a threat to democracy, but not for the reasons you think. He is a threat because Democrats have lots all sense of fairness in their pusuit of bringing Teflon Don down, that they are destroying democracy with their policy of "the ends justify the means" approach.

Democrat: "Yes, but Trumps case is different." You are right, because he is a Republican and you hate him, that's all.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
the lady who said to get in the face of Trump supporters and say you are not welcome here?

You're close but not accurate. She said to get in the face of members of the trump administration, not trump supporters. She did get a lot of shit for it, even death threats from who else but trump supporters.

Is that the case, did they refuse in writing, or are we just talking hypothetically?
Neither one of them had the authority to call up the NG. Only trump and his 2 designees did.
Bowsers letter says don't call them up without coordinating with MPD first. They already had a contingent of unarmed NG personnel working with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom