Excel Autosum (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 17:38
This is what I Googled at two different web sites.
Here’s an example. To add the January numbers in this Entertainment budget, select cell B7, the cell immediately below the column of numbers. Then click AutoSum. A formula appears in cell B7, and Excel highlights the cells you’re totaling.
See attachment for error messafge. What gives?

Formula created by clicking Home > AutoSum

Attachments

• sum_not_workingCropped[1].png
    sum_not_workingCropped[1].png
    9.7 KB · Views: 329

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:38
Hi there, any chance of attaching the workbook to verify the data / formatting etc, as it does indeed seem like a strange error.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Maybe one or more of your values are formatted as text or coerced to text by an apostrophe? Are any of the values the result of a formula or are they simple values?
Have never seen that error before.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:38
Just type in the formula without using autosum. That would be the typical approach and might yield better results

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:38
can you attach the spreadsheet where you performed this action and got the error?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
can you attach the spreadsheet where you performed this action and got the error?
This new format sucks. I though I had send the spreadsheet the same day. Now I see it never was posted. I was wondering why there was no follow post. I will hunt it up again. It took me a lenth of time just to find this thread again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom