Solved Updating Sub-form with OnClick event of other Sub-Form (1 Viewer)

evictme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:11
Hey Guys,

Back at it with some VBA mischief...Looking for a little help on syntax with an OnClick event that is not firing very well/at all.

I have the mainform (Mission Control) and two sub-forms (AuditClicksMC) and (Current-User)

I've wanted to filter the (AuditClicksMC) based on the OnClick event of the (Current-User) and have tried the code below, the code has only worked well 1 time. Every other time it has asked me to enter the parameter, the parameter field name being the value that I am trying to use as a filter...How do I apply the field.value directly as the filter?

Ive tried and (Me.logged_In) and (me.Logged_in.Value)
[Forms]![Mission Control]![AuditClicksMC].Form.Filter = "User =" & Me.Logged_In
[Forms]![Mission Control]![AuditClicksMC].Form.FilterOn = True

Any suggestions?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:11
What you have should work if User is a number field.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Advise not to use spaces nor punctuation/special characters (underscore only exception) in naming convention.

evictme

Registered User.
Local time

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Advise not to use spaces nor punctuation/special characters (underscore only exception) in naming convention.
User name is not a number field

evictme

Registered User.
Local time

Got it now! I keep forgetting the syntax is different when the field is not a number. The code below works perfectly.

[Forms]![Mission Control]![AuditClicksMC].Form.Filter = "User =""" & [Forms]![Mission Control]![User] & """"
[Forms]![Mission Control]![AuditClicksMC].Form.FilterOn = True

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:11
And use # for date/time field.

I prefer an apostrophe to doubled quotes.
Code:
"User ='" & [Forms]![Mission Control]![User] & "'"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom