Internet Logging In (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 13:10
Just picked up My wife's computer from Best Buy. I had dropped it off with them because it would not log onto internet with my Verizon Jet pack. Best Buy said the computer is find as it will log onto Best Buy router, and Staples office Supply router next door. They say it must be in my Jet pack. My new computer logs into my Jet Pack with no problem, so Verizon says it must the problem must be in the computer since it works ok on my new computer.. My back up computer has the same problem. Any idea what might be wrong?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Should have added Wife's computer and my back up computer , doesn't recognize that my Jet Pack is even there.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 18:10
Have you tried with the USB cable.?
Does it have the ability to block IP/MAC addresses.
Are you on the same frequency

Compare the settings on one working one with a non working one.

Reset the device even? https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-faqs/

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Read the link Dick. There should be a web interface with it?, plus you can always reset it as a last resort.?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Read the link Dick. There should be a web interface with it?, plus you can always reset it as a last resort.?
I had not read the link far enough. At first as I scroll down I thought it was just advertisement. The second time as I scrolled down further I realized that of course I had a USB, It is my charging cable. I plugged it into the no-working computer but it wanted why more information than I could provide or understand.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I seem to recall that for thr interface, you do have to use the wifi?, sort of chicken and egg situation?

See 13 & 14

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I seem to recall that for thr interface, you do have to use the wifi?, sort of chicken and egg situation?

See 13 & 14
Thanks for trying. I can't even get my Venezuela IT guy to work on it since he needs TeamViewer and TeamViewer needs internet connection. I guess I can live for a while without my back up computer, but it kills me for my wife not to have her computer since the whole nursing home is on lockdown. Maybe I need to take the computers to a doctor in LA.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Surely the nursing home has their own wifi?
You've picked the worst time for it, as I would have suggested just taking the computer and jetpack to a computer shop and let them sort it.

As an aside, I used to use Teamviewer to support my sister 200 miles away, and she got used to calling me and asking me to come on to her computer to fix the problem.
One day she called and asked me the same, I asked her what the problem was and she said 'I cannot get on the internet' :)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Surely the nursing home has their own wifi?
You've picked the worst time for it, as I would have suggested just taking the computer and jetpack to a computer shop and let them sort it.

As an aside, I used to use Teamviewer to support my sister 200 miles away, and she got used to calling me and asking me to come on to her computer to fix the problem.
One day she called and asked me the same, I asked her what the problem was and she said 'I cannot get on the internet' :)
That is why she asked me to come get her computer. It doesn't get on internet on their router either. When she got there 5 years ago their router was terrible, no repeaters. Took about 6 months of me complaining and they finally put in some repeaters.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Try deleting the adapter in Device manager and reboot the computer. Windows will find it and reinstall it.
Certainly sounds like a problem with her computer, as I doubt the rest of teh residents and staff cannot get on the net.?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Try deleting the adapter in Device manager and reboot the computer. Windows will find it and reinstall it.
Certainly sounds like a problem with her computer, as I doubt the rest of teh residents and staff cannot get on the n

Certainly sounds like a problem with her computer, as I doubt the rest of teh residents and staff cannot get on the net.?
I am assuming that by delete adapter you mean Network adapter. If so which one. See attachment.

Attachments

• AdapterCropLarge.zip
    331.8 KB · Views: 425

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
The wifi adapter? 802.11 b/g/n ?

You could have just pasted that pic as well?, for the sake of 14K :(

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The Wifi adapter is the Realtek .,.802.11.... Try that one

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
The Wifi adapter is the Realtek .,.802.11.... Try that one
didn't work, but thanks both of you for trying. Monday I will take it to a local shop. I would like to take both of you to the best Chinese Buffet in Florida. Last time I was there I was attacked by three Mexican girls. (see attachment) Let me know what time your plane lands in Orlando and I will pick you up at the airport.;)

Attachments

• Dick with Mexican waitresses.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 406

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
didn't work, but thanks both of you for trying. Monday I will take it to a local shop. I would like to take both of you to the best Chinese Buffet in Florida. Last time I was there I was attacked by three Mexican girls. (see attachment) Let me know what time your plane lands in Orlando and I will pick you up at the airport.;)
Make sure they tell you what the problem was, then try and see if that fixes your backup computer.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Make sure they tell you what the problem was, then try and see if that fixes your backup computer.
I will even leave them my Verizon Jet pack. I can use the hot spot on my phone to get on line on this computer.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
BTW: I was curious where Somerset and Swansea was, so I looked them up on google map. I was amazed how many cities and towns that we have with the same names in US. I was born and brought up in MA and RI. It is no wonder it is called New England. Its freezing in FL right now, because anything lower that (70 f)- (21c) in FL is considered freeing. I only go back to New England in the summer to get my Fish & Chips. Favorite restaurant is called "Ye Old English" It was in business when my Mom and Dad were kids. (1930's)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Ye Old English
YeOldEnglish.jpg

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well, I am Welsh, so I will not comment. :D

Users who are viewing this thread