Hyperlink text color (1 Viewer)

N1234

Local time
Today, 09:43
Hello again!

I have hyperlinks on a table (datatype = hyperlink) that have a default font color of orange pre-click, but a font color of blue after click. The problem is that when a row is selected. the cells also turn blue, which makes the already clicked hyperlink text impossible to see.

Is it possible to change either the hyperlink text color after click or change the cell color of the row selected from the default blue to another color?

Nikki

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:43
Hi Nikki

Go to Design View of the Form that Contains the Hyperlink Control.

Select the Control and then in the Property Sheet - select Fore Colour

Click on the Elipse at the end of the Row (...) and choose the Colour you need

N1234

Local time
Hi Nikki

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. I followed your steps and while I was able to change fore color in the design view, but for some reason, once I switched to the form view, the previous color remained.

I can change the color of the inbound textbox from black to whatever color is available but I can't do it for the hyperlink for some reason.

Last edited:

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nikki

When in Design View after you make the change required you must ensure you Save the changes made.

N1234

Local time
Hi Nikki

Hi Nikki

When in Design View after you make the change required you must ensure you Save the changes made.

Hi Mike,

I think I saved the changes correctly because when I close and open the database again and go into design mode, the Hyperlink control's text is the new colour but the text for the Form view and in the Table is still the previous color. Very confusing.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nikki

Can you upload a zipped copy of the database?

N1234

Local time
Hi Nikki

Can you upload a zipped copy of the database?

If you go to the "SB" form and select "Gen" under the field one dropdown, the hyperlinks should populate. If you go into the design view of the form, the color of the hyperlink control text should be red but the hyperlinks in the form are green.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Sure, I have a sample copy of the database attached. If you go to the "SearchBox" form and select "Gen" under the field one dropdown, the hyperlinks should populate. If you go into the design view of the form, the color of the hyperlink control text should be red but the hyperlinks in the form are green.

Thank you.
Hi Nikki

I changed the View of the Subform to Single Form vice Datasheet and the Hyperlink Text is now Red as required.

Attachments

• Sample1.zip
    315.7 KB · Views: 393

N1234

Local time
Hi Nikki

I changed the View of the Subform to Single Form vice Datasheet and the Hyperlink Text is now Red as required.
Hi Mike,

I appreciate the help but I need the database to be a datasheet instead of subform. Can you speculate why it's not working on the datasheet?

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
I find that lots of things tend not to be available when in Datasheet View.

Why specifically do you need Datasheet View?

N1234

Local time
Hi
I find that lots of things tend not to be available when in Datasheet View.

Why specifically do you need Datasheet View?

It's the much-preferred view of my users. Alternatively, can you change the color of the record set "selector" of the datasheet view? When I select a record, there's a blue color that surrounds the cells of that record set, which is blending in with the hyperlink upon click.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nikki

Only way to make things a specific Colour is to have the Form View in Single or Continuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom