Count Records for Each User (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 01:52
Hi,

I have 4 users (User1, User2, User3, User4) logging in to my Access DB. Every user has a username and password in Login Form. They are entering data records in the main table. I need to count total records entered by each user.
Is it feasible and how to do it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:52
Depends on your tables and business practices. You can add a field to your table "EnteredBy" and save the UserID in it. Does anyone edit an entry and do you need to track that or only the initial entry?

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 16:52
I have 4 users (User1, User2, User3, User4) logging in to my Access DB. Every user has a username and password in Login Form. They are entering data records in the main table. I need to count total records entered by each user.
Is it feasible and how to do it?
You need a field that will lookup each user's name, after logging in and store the logged in user name in the field by default.

So basically each user after login, the name must be saved in session and then added to the field after each record is inserted

Is the logged-in form hidden, or minimized after successful login?

Local time
Depends on your tables and business practices. You can add a field to your table "EnteredBy" and save the UserID in it. Does anyone edit an entry and do you need to track that or only the initial entry?
I just need to track and count the initial entry.

Local time
You need a field that will lookup each user's name, after logging in and store the logged in user name in the field by default.

So basically each user after login, the name must be saved in session and then added to the field after each record is inserted

Is the logged-in form hidden, or minimized after successful login?
The logged-in form closed after every successful login.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 16:52
The logged-in form closed after every successful login.
In that case
On successful login, before the login form closes, you have to pass the identity(user name) into the next form that will be opened.

it's from there that the user name will be picked and posted upon every insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom