'Error 3761' for a single user (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
I have a team of around twenty guys using copies of the same Access db. Put simply, it's got one main form with a number of subforms, displaying data pulled from an ODBC source.

All bar one of these users are experiencing no problems, but one gets an error message at various times: The decimal field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you attempted to add (Error 3761).

It sometimes happens when he runs the process to populate the subforms, sometimes when he scrolls through the records in a subform, or sometimes a few minutes after the process has run and he's not actively using the form at all.

What I don't understand is why this only happens for one user and not all of them? I've had this user test using other people's dbs and the same thing occurs, so I know the problem is with him/his profile and not with the db itself.

Is anyone aware of something related to the way a user is set up that might cause this problem to occur? I do know that he transferred to that team after working in sales, so his laptop was probably set up differently to begin with, but if I don't give the technical support team some clue of what needs changing, experience tells me they won't do anything.

Ranman256

Local time
some object is not defined. This usu happens when users have different Office versions.
in vbe (alt-f11) , tools, references
make sure nothing is checked and says MISSING.
this means they have the wrong version referenced. Uncheck it then scroll down to find THEIR version.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
some object is not defined. This usu happens when users have different Office versions.
in vbe (alt-f11) , tools, references
make sure nothing is checked and says MISSING.
this means they have the wrong version referenced. Uncheck it then scroll down to find THEIR version.
Thanks.
No references were missing, but I've used this as the starting point to raise a ticket for tech support to start their investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom