They are expanding it again - to animals this time (2 Viewers)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:34
I take it as a "given" that it is possible to have brain structures that different from secondary physical sex characteristics. This has been known since the 1990s. (Quick reminder: Do a web search on "homosexual + brain scan" and browse for UK medical research using Positron Emission Tomography from the 1990s.) If a person's brain has mixed structures as well, then I could imagine such a finding. However, the paywall on Metro stopped me from reading the whole article.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:34
I take it as a "given" that it is possible to have brain structures that different from secondary physical sex characteristics. This has been known since the 1990s. (Quick reminder: Do a web search on "homosexual + brain scan" and browse for UK medical research using Positron Emission Tomography from the 1990s.) If a person's brain has mixed structures as well, then I could imagine such a finding. However, the paywall on Metro stopped me from reading the whole article.

Yes, but + and -- during a person's younger and adolescent childhood years, it's such a confusing time for them that they can also be prompted to go in a direction other than suits even themselves, and I believe this is happening a lot these days, from a combination of peer pressure, novelty trending/social media, and the general results which are the normal response of prompting a confused person to do or believe something. Won't go into it as we've gone over this ad nauseum but I think if I recall correctly you agree to some extent with that.

Of all the people who think they're transgender at any given time, there is some % that really "are" (if you want to call it that) meaning that they will never and can't possibly ever get any 'satisfaction' unless they play the other sex - and there is some % who are simply confused and trying things out as young people do - except there are huge consequences to 'just' trying out something like this, to your mind, your soul, and of course--your body.

If we boiled down our disagreements pertaining to this specific paragraph above, it's probably just a matter of the %'s.

And it's the % that are being prompted to consider whether they may be x or y at a very young age that I take huge issue with.

It's like taking a confused person and sitting them down and saying Are you depressed? Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure?
I bet you could convince a lot of not-depressed people to identify as depressed after that kind of treatment. Except in the area of adolescent sexuality, it's even more delicate. A mere question or suggestion to consider something one time can have a huge impact on someone's life.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If we boiled down our disagreements pertaining to this specific paragraph above, it's probably just a matter of the %'s.

Perhaps. However, until we actually can decipher the "programming" of the brain, this question (and Jon's "free will" vs. predestination question) will be a matter of speculation at best.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Perhaps. However, until we actually can decipher the "programming" of the brain, this question (and Jon's "free will" vs. predestination question) will be a matter of speculation at best.

I suppose we can agree to disagree on that.
To me , the observed trends in this behavior, if it were on a line graph has exhibited a remarkable and rapid increase in recent times. The magnitude and velocity of this escalation are of such significance, it's a lot more than speculation, unless you believe all of our brains are undergoing an insanely unbelievably transgender transformation, like there is something in the water -- which I do not believe is true.

Ergo, I could say the same thing about the identifying as transgender. Due to its unbelievable increase, the idea that it's "real" is speculation at best.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:34
Have you got a pole or a hole? Simple as that ...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't have the problem. But I have friends and a step-daughter who do. It isn't as simple as you say it is. Don't trivialize what is actually a complex problem. Not only for society as a whole, but for the misunderstood and often maligned individuals who live with this condition now and every day of the life they have left.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Have you got a pole or a hole? Simple as that ...

Exactly, with extremely rare exceptions that have "suddenly" become not rare at all, and "magically" coincided with media programming to young children.

I mean it doesn't have to be this obvious to see what suggestive programming is doing to what would otherwise be and always was very rare

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I don't have the problem. But I have friends and a step-daughter who do. It isn't as simple as you say it is. Don't trivialize what is actually a complex problem. Not only for society as a whole, but for the misunderstood and often maligned individuals who live with this condition now and every day of the life they have left.
Exactly. So stop programming young people and turning out 500% the amount that would normally be - because it's not easy to live with.

Mercy would demand that, I would think.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Don't trivialize what is actually a complex problem

Nothing complex about this, it's called "wrong footing" where someone deliberately throws you off kilter..

That's what "They, Them, Those are doing ...

As Isaac pointed out there are rare exceptions, but not many.

The rest is just a me, and me, and me, epidemic similar to previous epidemics like the epidemic of anorexia and Self harming. Now You hardly hear anything about people afflicted with those conditions.

You will see, when the gender epidemic comes to an end....

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
It used to be called "crossdressing"... They Ought to update that and start calling it "very cross-dressing"

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
DALL·E 2023-12-28 18.12.34 - A very angry, anthropomorphic bottle of '1000 Island Dressing', w...png

ChatGPT got the text wrong again. It should say "1000 Island Dressing"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Nothing complex about this, it's called "wrong footing" where someone deliberately throws you off kilter..

Nobody DELIBERATELY lives a lifestyle that makes them anathema to devout members of a common religion. Uncle G, in my discussions with my friends and my step-daughter, there was no intent on their part to mislead anyone about their situation. And there was never any doubt on their part as to their actual orientation. It is commonly the case that people brought up in certain religious environments - not always extreme ones - that they cannot believe that gays actually are gay. They tend to believe that it is a bad or malicious choice. But a conscious choice doesn't cause the brain to have alternate brain structures that can be physically measured using radiological techniques.

It used to be called "crossdressing"... They Ought to update that and start calling it "very cross-dressing"

That is a different condition that is at most marginally related to true gender dysphoria. Maybe New Orleans is more forgiving than some cities, but I can tell you that some very manly men with very understanding wives nonetheless will cross-dress during Mardi Gras and will be good enough to fool you unless you know exactly how to (discretely) look.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Exactly. So stop programming young people and turning out 500% the amount that would normally be - because it's not easy to live with.

I don't actually disagree with this statement... though I question who is doing the programming. My gay friends generally deny that they would wish their problems on anyone else. I wonder if the progressive liberals are at it again?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
that they cannot believe that gays actually are gay

Oh I believe gays are gay.

But the transgender issue, the pronoun issue is just a device to undermine society...

Some of these people are trying to make it legal to have sex with children....

And I suspect they will try to change the law to make it legal to have sex with animals next ...

And it's NOT about the individuals. It's a deliberate policy to undermine the what? 2000 year old system that has stood the test of time.

I'm not trying to stop anyone conduct their life in a way they see fit. I'm trying to stop the erosion of the existing system. There's a subtle difference....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not trying to stop anyone conduct their life in a way they see fit. I'm trying to stop the erosion of the existing system.

The existing system is the thing that stops people from conducting their lives based on their actual feelings.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The existing system is the thing that stops people from conducting their lives based on their actual feelings.

Can you give me an example of this because I'm not following you.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
At least in the USA, it took a ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court to force states to allow same-sex marriages because the then-current system was driven by religious groups who found such things abhorrent. Where a USA "Religious Right" group has political authority, gay rights become eroded and suppressed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I don't actually disagree with this statement... though I question who is doing the programming. My gay friends generally deny that they would wish their problems on anyone else. I wonder if the progressive liberals are at it again?
I'm amenable to this outlook/way of seeing it, because I also have heard testimony after testimony from gays, lesbians, even transgenders and to some extent 'activists' who are appalled at what is going on, and sad that people are 'pinning' it on them.

Someone is obviously responsible, and yeah - I think it may actually be to some extent just over zealous straight progressive liberals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom