Betting odds on US election (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:22
You forgot the obvious one. Hillary will be hitting menopause soon.

I did think of it but didn't want to be patronising.

Col

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
Today, 11:22
ShaneMan,

You are giving up your right to vote? Don't you consider it an obligation to vote for the person who you see as the best fit to run the country? I am not thrilled with any of the current hopefuls but I will read each candidates platform and vote for the one who will fits closest to the ideas and beliefs that I hold.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
ShaneMan,

You are giving up your right to vote? Don't you consider it an obligation to vote for the person who you see as the best fit to run the country? I am not thrilled with any of the current hopefuls but I will read each candidates platform and vote for the one who will fits closest to the ideas and beliefs that I hold.

Yea, I guess I am. I don't disagree with what you have said, it's just that I have been voting, for sometime, the "lesser of two evils." This time around I can't seem to find the lesser, so I guess in my minds eye, I'm looking at it like I don't want to be accused of having any part of it. If these three are the best that we as a nation of millions can give us as a choice to vote on, then I guess I'm to the point of saying "no thanks."

Local time
Today, 10:22
Women should do simple jobs like receptionists or secretaries or shop assistants, that's what they're good at.

LOL!

We'd get blasted for even thinking something like that in this country. How 'bout washing clothes, changing diapers, making babies?

I'm sure the NOW gang in the US would love to talk to you! Maybe you can straighten them out on their priorities.

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
ShaneMan,

Technically, an abstention is a vote.
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Sort of like Rush sang, "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" After thinking about this I may vote just to attempt to make sure someone doesn't get in.

M

Mike375

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

That is correct.

For example if the vote was a tie then had you voted it would not have been a tie.

On the other hand if were to vote and would vote for a certain candidate then by not casting a vote you have then voted opposite to what your preference would be.

If you don't vote because you have no preference and the result is candidate A gets a 1001 votes and B gets a 1000 votes then by not voting you made A the winner.:D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
What effect on the election result do you think people like Ralph Nader will have. By standing he is likely to take away votes from candidates more sympathetic to his views and thus benefitting candidates who are more opposed to his views. Surely not what people want. Perhaps we need to look at the voting system both in the USA and UK

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
That is correct.

For example if the vote was a tie then had you voted it would not have been a tie.

On the other hand if were to vote and would vote for a certain candidate then by not casting a vote you have then voted opposite to what your preference would be.

If you don't vote because you have no preference and the result is candidate A gets a 1001 votes and B gets a 1000 votes then by not voting you made A the winner.:D

You forgot candidate C who won by 10,000 votes. :D

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
What effect on the election result do you think people like Ralph Nader will have. By standing he is likely to take away votes from candidates more sympathetic to his views and thus benefitting candidates who are more opposed to his views. Surely not what people want. Perhaps we need to look at the voting system both in the USA and UK

Nader's ego (which is as big as America itself) would never allow him to stand down. He has yet to grasp the concept that his movement was a product of the 1960s and 70s and that he is yesterday's man.

There are any number of splinter candidates in every US Presidential election. To get your name on the ballot, you have to register your candidacy (sp) in each state. The states require petitions with a certain number of signatures. Most of the splinter candidates seldom get on the ballot in more than a few states as they lack the support to get the necessary signatures.

Nader will be an interesting sidebar to the election but will have no real effect on it.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
That's not true Mike. There are more people than ShaneMan who don't vote. Therefore, he can still smell like roses. :) Congrats to you ShaneMan, for smelling like roses...

Wayne Cramer

Registered User.
Local time
Too bad the U.S. can't elect a genius like Rich who apparently knows it all! Bush is an idiot, Blair is a moron. but Rich knows better than them both whithout benefit of advisors and intelligence sources. And at just 22 years old! Amazing!!!

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Too bad the U.S. can't elect a genius like Rich who apparently knows it all! Bush is an idiot, Blair is a moron. but Rich knows better than them both whithout benefit of advisors and intelligence sources. And at just 22 years old! Amazing!!!
And if you believe his other posts he also has grand children. :D

R

Rich

The so called intelligence sources were concocted to try and get the UN on board for the war in Iraq, surely even an idiot can work that one out?:rolleyes:

Wayne Cramer

Registered User.
Local time
And I thought Barak Obama was an egotistical windbag. By the way - is that him with Hillary in the photo above? Has he decided to take the vice vp spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom