Importing into MS Access (1 Viewer)

trishcollins

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:09
Importing into MS Access (Solved)

I have an interesting problem. I have an Excel spreadsheet I want to import into MS Access. I have preformated all the data in the spreadsheet. I have several text fields, two date fields, one long integer, and four currency fields.

If I save the file as an xls file an import it into Access, I get import errors on any blank cells in the date and long integer field.

If I save the file as a csv file and import into access, the long integer and date fields are okay, but two of the four currency fields show a type conversion error. I have already replaced the empty cells in the currency columns with 0 before importing. They are displaying the accounting format "$-".

Since putting a date in a date field where I don't want one is not an option, and the same with the long integer, importing via spreadsheet is out. Now I just need to know how I can import the $- currency fields without an error.

On the plus side, as the contents are no required for summing, I can live with it for now, but it really bothers me that I get an error on a 0 value currency amount.

NEVER MIND. JUST CHANGED THE FORMAT OF CURRENCY IN THE SPREADSHEET TO NUMBER, AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM. LEAVING THIS HERE IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:09
Please could you change the title to something like:
Importing into MS Access (Solved)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom