Problem in MS Access? - Want to See a YouTube Video Solving it? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:52
What do you find particularly difficult in MS Access?

Please explain the problem and the Solutions you have tried.

When I get the next urge to create some YouTube videos I may well pick up your idea and show how I would solve the problem....

I love creating videos to demonstrate how to solve particular problems in MS Access. No# 1 reason is that I hope people find them useful, and number two is, the actual process of explaining the problem helps me understand it better!

You can subscribe to My YouTube Channel HERE:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/UncleGizmo?sub_confirmation=1

My Nifty Access Website is HERE:- Nifty Access

Last edited:

BlueJacket

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:52
Hello!

I know I personally would love to see a more in depth look at how to perform word merges. Maybe I'm not searching well enough, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there on how to build a template and assign which records (whether it's just one, selecting specific multiple ones, or all in a particular form) to be exported to a word document.

Thanks! Us newbies appreciate all the work people like you put into making these kinds of videos.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Hello!

I know I personally would love to see a more in depth look at how to perform word merges. Maybe I'm not searching well enough

Manipulation Word from MS Access

Yes the more in depth it is the more specific it will be and the less likely the example will be something that is necessarily relevant to yourself and if you don't understand it deeply you won't be able to alter it to your circumstances.

The less in depth it is the less likely likely the example will be something that is necessarily relevant to yourself and if you don't understand it deeply you won't be able to alter it to your particular circumstances.

So it very much depends on finding someone who has a bit more knowledge than yourself writing on a problem that they themselves have had which is identical to your own. That is pretty small subset.!

It is the eternal challenge of programming. Plenty of people can cut and paste things but a large proportion really find it difficult to truly create code. (me included)

I would say though because programming is SO powerful even small improvements in your knowledge can lead to massive gains.

Last edited:

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I would add that you should read widely and find individuals like Uncle Gizmo who are sound and reliable sources. I have a number of individuals like UG who I will regularly check in on to see if they are doing anything I can learn from or simply get a head start on code that I can alter.

Starting your own blog is also a good idea as the act of explaining always helps you understand.

Although blogging and digital assets could be argued to be somehow unsubstantial I think they may be gaining significance now and libraries and sources such as those put to Gizmo are really worthwhile and far far better than consultants or company websites which seem to always completely lack depth or bias (although often look nice). All my inspiring websites are blogs the care and attention to detail and pure honesty are truly ground breaking. Some of the stuff that backyard scientists are doing is amazing.

Check this guy out made an electron microscope - he goes on to actually film a needle on a vinyl record. Hero!

Applied Science

I think he has gone semi professional but still very unbiased

Last edited:

BlueJacket

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:52
Manipulation Word from MS Access
It is the eternal challenge of programming. Plenty of people can cut and paste things but a large proportion really find it difficult to truly create code. (me included)

I would say though because programming is SO powerful even small improvements in your knowledge can lead to massive gains.

I get what you're saying. I have no background in computer programming, save for the few bouts where I took some online class or another, so I'm no where near the level of being able to create complex code. That said, I take the time to understand every bit of code I put into my front end so that I can learn and tailor it to fit my specific needs. You're right though, every new little bit I learn pays massive dividends.

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:52
I recently became a fan of UG. I programmed mainframe computers since 1971 and was involved with databases since 1980. Transferring that knowledge to MsAcess has been difficult. All the apostrophes and double quotes and continuation lines etc etc have been difficult to master. I got spoiled.

Thank you UG for being a safety net out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom