Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 12-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Anosmic
Newly Registered User

Anosmic is on a distinguished road
Question Combo box selection

Ok, What I am trying to do is get a combo box to fill in an employee name by either selecting the employee name out of a list or by scanning a badge with the ID number and having it fill with the associated employee name.

One box, two options for entry. The combo box is created and has both columns in it but google has failed me on this. I probably just haven't been able to word it right.

Anosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,400 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Combo box selection

Hi. You want the combo to show the name you selected from "another" list? Was that right? If so, why can't you select the name from the Combo itself? Just curious...

PS. You might consider posting some screenshots to give us a better idea what you're dealing with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
Micron
AWF VIP

Micron has a spectacular aura about Micron has a spectacular aura about
Re: Combo box selection

"the list" is the row source for the combo. That is either a value list, table or query. For your purpose, a table or query would be the way to go. To have a selection from the combo become the value of a field in a record, bind it to that field - as long as you're not using the combo to filter records. If you want the input of a scanner to become the value that's saved, you have to set the "limit to list" property to No.

Tags
combo box help , multi choice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: