Database freezes after editing a form (1 Viewer)

JWPratt8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:00
Hi All,

I have many forms in my database, three of which completely freeze the database if I edit the slightest thing on them. These forms are all the same, and are unique to any other type of form in my database.

An example of one of the forms is the following:

The form is an "Edit Record" form which allows the user to edit a record directly from a form without going into the table. It is only possible to bring up the edit form by going to the main navigation form that consists of various buttons which a user would press, in this case the user would press the "Edit Record" button. This brings up a unique search form that allows a user to search for a record to edit. The user types their search parameter into the form and once the "search" button is pressed it will bring up the record with all the details in a different form.

Note - The search form is linked to the table where the edit record form is linked to a query.

My problem is this:

I have three buttons on the form; Exit, Cancel & Finish Editing.

All I wanted to do was to ammend the code of the buttons so that "Finish Editing" wouldn't close the form onced pressed and that "Cancel" would simply undo the actions of the user instead of undo and then close the form.

I know exactly how to do the ammendments. But, once completed if you return to the main navigation and click on the "edit" button the search form appears and allows you to type in the search parameters, but once the "Search" button is clicked the search form closes and you are returned to the main navigation where you are unable to click anything in access or even close the programme.

I am absolutely stumped. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

J.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:00
When what you describe is happen, press CTRL+Break.
Keep this key pressed for few seconds (until 10).
If you have some code that cycle, this action will break the code and you will be able to debug.

JWPratt8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:00
Thank you for your reply.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Break"?

Thanks

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom