Working days/hours in a query (1 Viewer)

eddie442

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:44
I hope someone can help me with this query.

Our admin team have a database where they store all requests (stationery orders etc). Dependant on the request, they have a certain amount of time in which to complete it. It could be 24 hours, 5 working hours, 1 working hour etc. The times and dates are stored in the following fields;

RequestDate
RequestTime
CompletedDate
CompletedTime

I should say here that their working day runs from 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri.

I can create a query easily enough if the times are within working hours/days. My problem is that if a request comes in after 12:00 noon, they have until 17:00 the following day to complete it. How can I legislate for weekends if this request falls on a Friday? The same issue occurs for requests that have to be answered inside 5 hours. If the request comes in at say 16:00, then they have until 13:00 the next day to complete it. How can I take into account the working hours and non-working days for these?

I'd be really grateful for any help!

Many Thanks
Dave

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
There have been procedures posted on these forums to calculate "Working days" Try searching for this info. These procedures will also let you ignore Bank Holidays/Public Holidays etc

eddie442

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers, thanks for that, I've found what I need. Was panicking yesterday and not thinking clearly!

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Glad to hear you have found what you need. Happy to have been of help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom