Any ideas why this report date filter doesn't work? (1 Viewer)

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Today, 14:04
Hi,

This is really annoying me as it seems to be a very simple filter but I can't get it working correctly!

I have some code that produces a text string filter for a report depending aon what users enter for filter conditions on various fields on a form. All works fine except the date filtering. The following is an example of the most basic date filtering string that the form can produce:

[Completion Date] between #01/07/2007# AND #31/07/2007#

The report takes notice of the final date value in the string but totally ignores the first and would for example list all records with date up to 31/07/2007. ie it will include all those before 01/07/2007 as well.

I can vary the date range and it happily takes notice of the end date in the range but never the start date.

Any ideas as to why this happening?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:04
Try formatting it in U.S. format instead (I think I remember some issues with things like this that require the dates to be in U.S. format, thanks to Microsoft).

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Perfect. Fixed the problem straight away.

Bit annoying to have to do that but I will remember for the future.

Many thanks!

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
I got so annoyed with the VB treatment of dates I kicked off all my Date Sensitive reports off a Dialogue Box and then put:

Between [Forms]![Sales Dialogue Reports]![Start] And [Forms]![Sales Dialogue Reports]![End]

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom