Run Time Error 3049 - "Cannot open database ''. (1 Viewer)

CuriousGeorge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:07
Ive started to fill my database with data and after reading data into my table i got following error:

"Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt."

Tried to add more files but same error.

My table contains at the moment 11,3 million rows (records) and (14 columns). Has it reached its limit? It is only double values that is stored in the table.

If not limit, how do i get around the problem?

Thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 13:07
What is the physical size of your mdb/accdb? have you run a compact and repair yet. If not suggest you do, and if the file is on a server copy it locally first.

CuriousGeorge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:07
viewing it in explorer it is 2,095GB.

Dunno what compact repair is, have to google it. But the database still works, the database file is not corrupt.

I guess the database has reached its limit in that case if it is above 2GB?

Thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
This might not be the case. It may contain alot of bloated space compact and repair will remove the bloating. What version of Access are you using?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Click on the Big Access button (top left of screen) Then Manage > Compact and repair. Save it under a different name, if you do not Access will most likely crash as it needs to keep 2 times size in memory/cache.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Just need to remember to do this regularly in future:p

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:07
And if you regularly hit the 2Gb limit you might consider moving to SQL Server 2008 R2 Express since it can handle 10Gb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom