Openreport with date filter (1 Viewer)

Sally*

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:13
Hi, I am self taught on Access and VBA so there are still big holes in my basic knowledge.

I have a form with a date field [invoicedate] and a button to open a report with just the page(s) relating to that date. I have tried several options and they all open the entire report. my latest code (kindly suggested by another forum) is:

stDocName = "daily sales report"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, "[reportdate]='" & Me![INVOICE DATE] & "'", , acWindowNormal

but this still opens the entire report.

I have also tried the long coding suggested in several threads by Allen Browne but I think this is more for filtering between two dates rather than a single date.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated?

Sally

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Welcome to the Form,

Is the report control source based on a query if so you can set the criteria in the query to use the field on the form as the filter and it will resolve your issue.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
First, see here for the syntax required for a date field:

http://www.baldyweb.com/wherecondition.htm

Also, I think you have that in the wrong position (filter vs wherecondition).

Sally*

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thanks for the link. I finally had chance to try this out and I am still getting the whole doc open.

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, "[reportdate]=#" & Me.[INVOICE DATE] & "#", , acWindowNormal

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
You appear to have the where condition in the filter argument's position.

Bryan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:13
You appear to have the where condition in the filter argument's position.

Syntax:
DoCmd.OpenReport(ReportName, View, FilterName, WhereCondition, WindowMode, OpenArgs)

You need another comma after acPreview and to remove the comma after your WhereCondition. This will move your WhereCondition to the proper position.

Sally*

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks very much, that sorted it. All this hassle for one mis-placed comma, doh!!

Sally*

Registered User.
Local time
Hi all,

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[invoice date]=#" & Me.[INVOICE DATE] & "#", acWindowNormal

Thanks to your help I solved this problem...or so I thought!!

This code has been working fine all month but it is now not working with the new month - I just get a blank report open.

I don't know if it's relevent but the only other date related thing I have is in the report query which is:

Expr1: DateDiff("m",[invoice date],Date())
<=3

Also, I am in the UK so use dd/mm/yy

I have gone back through my forms and now see that the code will also not work for previous months, just month 6. I have removed the code and the whole report opens, with all dates.

Any ideas??

Thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Use:
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[invoice date]=" & Me.[INVOICE DATE], "\#mm/dd/yyyy\#"), acWindowNormal
... as-is

Sally*

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the help but this is giving me a compile error: syntax error.

There is an rogue bracket at the end of "\#mm/dd/yyyy\#". I'm getting an error if I either remove it or put the ( in front, like this:

("\#mm/dd/yyyy\#")

so I don't know where the ( should be.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Oops... I was typing it on here and forgot to include the Format( part:
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[invoice date]=" & Format(Me.[INVOICE DATE], "\#mm/dd/yyyy\#"), acWindowNormal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom