Background colours on forms other than normal options (1 Viewer)

sarah_anne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:03
I'm wanting to get a very, very pale shade of gray as the background colour for an Access form, as well as for several text boxes on it. This is so that users can distinguish editable regions (white bgs) from uneditable ones (light gray bgs).

The default colours that pop up in the menu choices are too dark for this. I've tried using a tiled image for the background of the form, which works fine. But I'd like my uneditable textboxes to be selectable (so users can copy data) whilst being that colour too, which can't be done.

Therefore I'm looking for either the number code for a very very light gray colour (Access' default lightest is "12632256") or some sort of translator tool to let me know how on earth these numbers relate to anything in computing -- I mean, what do those numbers represent? Are they html=no, hex codes=no, rgb values, no... I mean, how is Access coming up with those numbers? I've tried just getting a light gray using trial and error and can't figure it out (even ended up with lime green at one point - very nice on the eyes lol).

Anyone shed some light on this? :rolleyes: :D

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:03
Hey Sarah Anne,

I have a light grey that I use. It's 14078417. I kept playing with the define custom color until I came up with this grey. You could type in this number for your background color and if it's still too dark then play with the custom color and make it lighter.

HTH,
Shane

dbc1

Registered User.
Local time
Try 16119285.

sarah_anne

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks guys! :) :D I'd still love to know how those numbers correlate to anything in computing, so if anyone's got an answer just for curiosity's sake, do tell as I'd love to find out! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom