1 table gives ODBC Call Failed (1 Viewer)

dgulliver

Local time
Today, 19:52
Hi,

Seen plenty of threads regarding Linked Tables ODBC Call Failed however this happens to only one table on one freshly installed PC. All Tables are using the same ODBC System DSN and the same ODBC MySQL Connector which is "MySQL ODBC 5.2a Driver".

When I double click the table error appears but table appears to open but data filled with name?

I uploaded the source application to the problem PC and on debug found it was this particular table causing the problem.

This particular PC has all windows and office updates.
I have deleted, Compacted & repaired, Re linked the table
All Byte/Boolean fields are set to ether 0 or -1
Dates look OK

I'm using odbcad32.exe located syswow64 on all PC's including the problem one.

any other ideas?

Thanks
Darren

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:52
Ok, I am going to ask the stupid question. Are you certain that the table exists in the MySQL database. I do not know much about MySQL and table naming restrictions that might not be compatible with Access.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If only one pc had an issue with the table, then it must exist

Just wondering about the Boolean fields. You say these are set to true/false but didn't say where this was checked.
I don't use MySQL but if it's like SQL Server, Boolean fields can also be null. Access doesn't know how to handle the null Booleans and displays them as zero but treats them as 'indeterminate'. Trying to run an update query on such fields will result in a write conflict error.
To avoid issues, always set default values for these Boolean fields so these are NEVER null

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
If only one pc had an issue with the table, then it must exist

Opps!! Missed that part of the paragraph.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Have you gone back and double checked the driver on the problem PC = MySQL ODBC 5.2a

When you hover over the link on the bad table, does it have the intellisense.

dgulliver

Local time
Thank you all for responses.

Table does exist in MySQL as I'm able to re-link.
I checked whether the fields were set in MySQL Workbench and phpMyAdmin.
the default on Y/N fields is 0, also this only happens on 1 PC, This app is installed on around 30 PC's
There only 6 records and 57 columns in this table, It is used for configuration of the app.
The driver is 100% MySQL ODBC 5.2a

Darren

dgulliver

Local time
All,

Once again thank you for your responses.

Looks like I found the issue - our I.t guys in Poland setup a new PC but did not change the locale settings to be the same as the other PC in poland.

We discovered a date issue when we ran an ODBC Trace, We set the ODBC setting Character Set to Latin1 which resolved the issue.

Thanks
Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom