1 to many to 1 form problems -- getting desperate (1 Viewer)

telepathetic

Local time
Today, 06:26
I have a table "Transactions" that has a 1 to many relationship with "AssetAcquisitions". The table "Assets" also has a 1 to many relationship with "AssetAcquisition". This enables me to purhcase more than one Asset with each transaction, but also allows me to pay for the same Asset in installments if need be (with several transactions). How to get this to work on a form is complicated though. I have a parent form made from the "Transactions" table, and then I have one subform made from the "AssetAcquistions" and "Assets" tables. On this subform I want to be able to either type in a new Asset (and have a new AssetID assigned, or pick an existing asset).
The way it is set up now, an AssetID links the "AssetAcquisitions" to the "Assets" table, but the AssetID on the "Assets" table is generated by (AutoNumber). I've put a combobox in my form that'll allow me to pick an AssetAcquisition.AssetID, but as soon as I do, Assets.AssetID generates an AutoNumber and since the two are not the same, I'm stuck. please help me if you can... thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom