14th Amendment Supreme Court Brief (2 Viewers)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:17
Even these laws?
Yes. A law is a law. When we decide that we no longer believe in a law, it should be retired. That keeps the criminal code clean. Right now it is a mess and gives the party in power the ability to enforce old, archaic laws against people they don't like because they are still there.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The question remains, how are state and federal anti-gun officials not being charged with rebellion against the constitution through their defiance of the 2nd amendment?
Let us not forget using the WH and FBI to pressure social media companies to violate our first amendment rights by suppressing posts that disagreed from the government version of "truth". And pretty much all of DJT's rights, especially the 1st, 4th, and 8th.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes. A law is a law. When we decide that we no longer believe in a law, it should be retired. That keeps the criminal code clean. Right now it is a mess and gives the party in power the ability to enforce old, archaic laws against people they don't like because they are still there.

I'm sure you broke at least one of these Ct. laws, so best to turn yourself in.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm sure you broke at least one of these Ct. laws, so best to turn yourself in.
I'm sure I have also. You of all people should be in favor of removing outdated laws. Or maybe you like having them on the books so they can be used against people you don't like.

In the past, it was a tedious job to keep the laws clean. Now that we have computers and especially AI to search and match, it is much easier. But Congress has no incentive and apparently neither do state and local authorities. Then we have that morass of confusing, conflicting regulations that act as laws but which are not laws which are inflicted upon us by various government agencies which are in even more dire need of cleanup.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 16:17
Even these laws?

You're comparing laws against murder, ra**, burlargly, armed robbery - laws that people actually WANT enforced, to old funny laws listed on meme websites that nobody even knows are on the books?

That's a ridiculous comparison, and makes no point other than you m ay have been drunk when you posted it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That's a ridiculous comparison, and makes no point other than you m ay have been drunk when you posted it.
No, he just wanted me to either lie, in which case he would call me a liar or confess to probably being a criminal:poop: Not amusing but I let it pass.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
You're comparing laws against murder, ra**, burlargly, armed robbery - laws that people actually WANT enforced, to old funny laws listed on meme websites that nobody even knows are on the books?

Once again you missed the point. Pat was commenting that the Ag should enforce an 1864 law because it's her job, failing to know that Ag's and DA's have wide discretion on what cases to bring.

By the way, I don't drink. Don't like it that much. But i'm sure you mix your sacramental wine in with you kool-aid. Enjoy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
... failing to know that Ag's and DA's have wide discretion on what cases to bring.
No kidding. That "discretion" has been liberally used to contort the law by Democrats to file (phony) civil and criminal cases against Trump, such as the deranged attempt to use the 14th Amendment. Not to also mention that "discretion" has been used to avoid filing charges against Democrats, such as Biden and Hillary.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 16:17
Pat was commenting that the Ag should enforce an 1864 law because it's her job, failing to know that Ag's and DA's have wide discretion on what cases to bring.
Right, and you tried, and failed, to compare that to some dumb laws nobody wants enforced

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We have way more laws than we need.

Thou shall not steal --- pretty much covers most of the non-violent crimes. Beyond that it is only a matter of degree. What is petty and what is major. Is there a difference between stealing a loaf of bread and stealing millions of dollars from people you defrauded.

Not punishing the shoplifting in many cities is downright crazy. If you want to drive normal people out of a city, invite the criminals in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom