14th Amendment Supreme Court Brief (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 13:01

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:01
Apparently they think that the people who crafted the amendment were too stupid to include "President" in the long list of specific positions that were mentioned. Maybe the authors of the amendment just got tired of writing:(

Plus, and this is such a tiny detail - there was never an insurrection at all let alone one orchestrated by Trump.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Most people arguing in favor of removing Trump from the ballot tend to "forget", or leave out, the most important element of all: Actually inciting an insurrection.

Let me know when he has been tried in a criminal case and found guilty by a jury of his peers for insurrection - then we can talk.

Until then, I'm 99.9% sure the Supreme Court will see the lunacy of allowing lone Secretaries of State to adjudicate whether or not he is an insurrectionist. There is no way they are not going to knock that down.

Case closed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Apparently they think that the people who crafted the amendment were too stupid to include "President" in the long list of specific positions that were mentioned. Maybe the authors of the amendment just got tired of writing:(

Plus, and this is such a tiny detail - there was never an insurrection at all let alone one orchestrated by Trump.
Yeah, I don't get why more people aren't seeing the most basic fact of all - he hasn't been adjudicated an insurrectionist by the same system they claim to want to uphold. Hell--oo! Until that happens, this is all a waste of time, because even if it DOES apply to him, he'd have to be found guilty of the same before random secretaries of state could claim to be applying such a law

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is no way they are not going to knock that down.
They have lost their minds with their position that the feds can order barricades removed from the border which were placed there to stop the invasion. Don't put anything past the idiot supremes. The map of the states that came to the support of Texas should scare the crap out of everyone. That is what the new country of the American free states will look like if this craziness doesn't stop soon. I just have to figure out which of those states I need to move to so I will be on the right side of the divide when it happens.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
They have lost their minds with their position that the feds can order barricades removed from the border which were placed there to stop the invasion. Don't put anything past the idiot supremes. The map of the states that came to the support of Texas should scare the crap out of everyone. That is what the new country of the American free states will look like if this craziness doesn't stop soon. I just have to figure out which of those states I need to move to so I will be on the right side of the divide when it happens.
Yeah and I'm uncomfortable living in a toss-up state. worse yet, we're actually interested in moving to new mexico (because of the geography/nature, not politics of course). I tried living in Texas once and although I liked the social and legal climate, it had a lot of other downsides, at least DFW did. imagine Manhattan traffic + they allow train tracks to be actively used in ANY part of the city, as if it were a small town

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
On the day Trump was inaugurated, those with TDS began a fevered inquisition to get Trump, which has lasted now for eight (8) long years now. You've had the Mueller Witch-Hunt, the made-up Russian collusion story, two unjustified impeachments, finding Trump Trump guilty of (fake) fraud (where there is no victim), and changing a law (after the fact) and then using it to obtain a defamation conviction that predated the law, which is effectively makes it an illegal bill of attainder. January 6th was a patriotic rally, not an insurrection. (I may have missed a few) This is all third-world "justice", not real justice based on the rule of law.

Recall "Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."

A fair reading of the text and history of the 14th Amendment makes it relatively clear, however, that the disability provision was intended to apply to those who served the Confederacy during the Civil War. It wasn’t intended as a general provision empowering one party to disqualify the leading candidate of the other party in any future elections.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, now he's accused of theoretical crimes. Pretty soon it will be future crimes.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yeah, now he's accused of theoretical crimes. Pretty soon it will be future crimes.
Exactly, the whole Colorado thing is based on what, one secretary of state who has "adjudicated" him as an insurrectionist?

Add one more thing to the MeToo movement: There are now 2 major categories that Democrats want no evidence required to convict: sex crimes and insurrection. :p What'd be weird is if you figured out a way to combine the two - a sex crime during an insurrection. Now that would qualify as a thought crime, even - in fact I'm probably liable just for saying it! :LOL:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Hey catch-up. It exists already.
1706736006027.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I vaguely remember the worst Tom Cruise movie ever - with weird mermaid brainy things swimming in a pool - so boring I went to sleep - what was it called?

jpl458

Local time
Trump is not a Confederate or Ex-Confederate.
It was written to prevent insurectionists from holding office. Then and in the future, the future being now. Trump incited an insurection, ergo.....

jpl458

Local time
Can you give me the citation for the criminal case that adjudicated him so?
Several judges have said it's so with regard to the 14th amendment, but are waiting for the Supreme Court to edjuciate it or leave it to the states. I realize that you probably believe that the mob on January 6th were actually tourists. 11 members of congress have filed suits against Trump as well as 3 police officers, for Trumps actions/nonactions on Jan 6th. The Big D will be in court for the rest of his life.

jpl458

Local time
I vaguely remember the worst Tom Cruise movie ever - with weird mermaid brainy things swimming in a pool - so boring I went to sleep - what was it called?
Fortunately that was fiction and has nothing to do with reality. All laws, in real life, are not about pre-crime, they are about crimes that have been committed, like starting an insurection, hoarding goverment documents, and grabbing women by the youknowwhat.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
It was written to prevent insurectionists from holding office. Then and in the future, the future being now. Trump incited an insurection, ergo.....
There was no insurrection. It's a figment of your imagination. You need to be checked-out by a medical professional for TDS.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Fortunately that was fiction and has nothing to do with reality. All laws, in real life, are not about pre-crime, they are about crimes that have been committed, like starting an insurection, hoarding goverment documents, and grabbing women by the youknowwhat.
Then why was he or anyone else never charged this so called insurrection? It's all politics, but in this case they are going after him financially because they cannot find any real crime and their current guy is losing his mind and our country. BTW, the movie was Minority Report and the Pre-Cogs were the one's floating in the pool as they perceived what crimes would be committed before they committed them. Scary stuff, just wait till they start playing the de-banking game with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom