2 subforms sharing data from 1 table (1 Viewer)

Curry

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:38
Hi All,

I have an unbound form with 2 sub forms. The first uses data from a particular table via a Query and requires no data entry. This is basically used as a list of names to select the required record in my second subform. The second subform is using data from the same table as the first subform via another query and this sub form does require Dataentry. The problem is data cannot be added to this second subform. All fields are locked. If I open this stand alone (not as a subform) I can add data with no problems. I assume this problem is occuring as both forms are utilising the same table. Is there a way around this? I have also tested with a List box instead of the first sub form and the result is the same.

IC

DarkAngel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:38
Just as an idea, can you open the read only subform as a 'read only'. If you go onto form properties and select 'record locks' - all records. I think that might be different from just locking the fields, as it tells access that everything is definately read only.

Let me know if you have any luck,

Paul

Curry

Registered User.
Local time
Just as an idea, can you open the read only subform as a 'read only'. If you go onto form properties and select 'record locks' - all records. I think that might be different from just locking the fields, as it tells access that everything is definately read only.

Let me know if you have any luck,

Paul

I had already tried that. I even locked the records in the query. This did not solve my issue however. Thanks for the suggestion though.

IC

DarkAngel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:38
I've just tried doing what you're doing, but without the queries. Just 2 seperate subforms accessing data from the same table. They both allow data to be modified. However if I put RECORD LOCKS: ALL RECORDS onto the subform I want to edit, I can edit that form and not the other. I don't know if you were putting record locks on the wrong form, or is this a stupid reply?

Curry

Registered User.
Local time
I've just tried doing what you're doing, but without the queries. Just 2 seperate subforms accessing data from the same table. They both allow data to be modified. However if I put RECORD LOCKS: ALL RECORDS onto the subform I want to edit, I can edit that form and not the other. I don't know if you were putting record locks on the wrong form, or is this a stupid reply?

Unbelievable......I just took your advise and removed all the locks that were on the subform I didn't want to edit. and bingo I could edit the other subform I need to.... I think I had set record locks on the first before I had created the second so I did not put two and two together...You have been a great help. I was ready to redesign the whole thing...Thanks a bunch...

IC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom