2007 Runtime problems........ (1 Viewer)

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
I was hoping all the errors had been addressed in the current Runtime release..... But no. If you have a previous version of Access ...2002 for example... And load the 2007 Runtime, your applications developed in 2002 will run fine in 2007 runtime. BUT.... If you open them in 2002 you receive many errors. "onClick" errors that don't exist. So if you do not have the full version of 2007 on the computer you would need to uninstall the runtime to be able to make any changes in your app.
In short.... your going to screw up anyones ability to work with a previous version if you install 2007 runtime.
I will try this on another computer with Access 2003 to see if it gives the same errors after runtime install. I'll post results.
OK.... After trying the Runtime on another computer with Access 2003 it appears to be OK. The problem still persist with Access XP (2002). They simply do not play well together. I guess Microsoft did not feel this was important enough of a problem to address. So, if you load a Runtime of 2007 on a machine running Access 2002 you will no longer be able to use 2002.

Last edited:

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
I have just loaded a 2007 DB on a PC running Access 2003 using runtime 2007. The new program was fine but when the user opened the older database (2003) it loaded it in the runtime format and although it all seemed to work the formatting changed so much that she couldn't use it as the fonts were unclear and caused her eye strain.

My question is, is it possible to load 2007 runtime onto a PC without having an impact on existing older version programs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom