A couple of simple issues (I can't solve) (1 Viewer)

brocsman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:38
I have a form based on a table whose sole function is to edit records in that table. One data item is Yes/No, but when I display it in the form it shows as 0 or 1. I want it to show as Yes or No, or as a little box with or without a tick. How?

Secondly, another form, this time creating new records. It has two linked combo boxes, the first filters records from a table so that only those relevant to its contents show as options in the second (using ReQuery). It works fine. But after creating the first record the contents of the first box remain displayed, and have to be deleted before you can overwrite them. I want them to clear. I've tried to set the default value for this combo box in form properties using OnLoad, but I get a #Name? error. Don't understand it.

Any suggestions?

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Send a short example of your MDB, (Access2000 or 2002-2003),
and say what you want to do, (what is the problem).

joemach

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:38
First, I think you should ask one question at a time. The other thing to remember is that you are over there with the database and we are all the way over here. So you have to make sure that you paint the picture of what it is you are trying to do and the trouble you are have so that we can help you.

So on your first question, what data type do you have defined in the table?

I think you will need to re-phrase your second question so that we can understand what you are running into.

Not trying to be mean here, just trying to get you to help us so that we can help you. OK?

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
The "Yes / No" item should be defined as a "Yes/No" type in the table then when you drag the field on to a form it will be placed as a CheckBox (tick or no tick).

As to the ComboBox you could try..

Code:
Private Sub Form_Current()
  Me.myComboBox = vbNullString
End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom